Whether you've recently obtained your heavy vehicle license or you're a seasoned heavy vehicle driver, we’re always interested in people who have a passion for serving their local community. Now more than ever our customers will be relying on Transdev Bus Drivers to get them to their destination on time, safely and comfortably.
Our shifts and rosters vary across our three (3) depots (O’Connor, Rockingham & Mandurah) and include straight shifts, rotating shifts, split shifts, and relief shifts. Our various locations ensure you can work close to home and enjoy a work-life balance.
Transdev WA is currently seeking applicants for casual Bus Driver. Applicants need to be prepared to work weekends and a combination of early mornings and late afternoons.
What you bring
- A current WA Heavy Rigid driving license (or above)
- A (or have the ability to obtain) current F Extension (further information available via the Department of Transport)
- A current National Police clearance (no less than 3 months old)
- A safe driving record (no more than 4 demerit points gained on your driver's license, please check with the Department of Transport
- Hold or be able to obtain a Working with Children Check card
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A passion to deliver constant exceptional customer service
- A strong focus on safety.
The benefits for you
Transdev offers market-leading benefits to our drivers as well as:
- Top industry rates and allowances – increasing your earning potential
- Health & Wellbeing Programs
- Additional shift options to increase your earning capacity
- Supportive and inclusive line managers with your best interests at heart
- Stable employment with a global business
Transdev is at the heart of keeping communities moving, providing public transport services in 8 locations in Australia and New Zealand. Whatever your role is at Transdev, you contribute to improving the mobility of our customers, and the positive impact this can have on their lives, their community, and our environment.
With a global network of 83,000 colleagues in 19 countries, our customer and client focus, commitment to innovation and provision of safe travel lies at the heart of our success.
Our values and beliefs
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to reflecting the diversity of the communities we serve. We support applications from people representing all diverse groups and ages such as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTQI+, people with disabilities, religious beliefs, and ethnicity. We also have an uncompromising attitude to the safety of our employees, client, and customers
The safety of the community we serve is paramount, therefore all of our recruitment processes include medicals, drug & alcohol testing, police checks, and license checks. We always hold the health and safety of our drivers as a top priority, now more so than ever considering the uncertain times we are facing, to read more about the extended strategies we are implementing click here.
If you're passionate about delivering exceptional customer service to your local community then click the ‘Apply now’ button!