Workshop Store Person (Spare Parts)
Back to search results
Job no: 495877
Work type: Full time
Categories: Maintenance/Asset Management
- Embrace technology that revolutionises the way our systems operate
- Help millions of people to move safely across our transport networks
- Be part of a close-knit team that’s responsible for keeping local communities moving
Transdev is a world leader in the operation of passenger transport services. Operating in 19 countries around the world, with 83,000 employees and managing 41,000 vehicles we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve.
Leveraging from our global community, our bus business in Melbourne offers you access to a host of systems, tools and processes to get the job done safely and effectively and provide a truly world-class experience for our customers.
- Responsible for the day-to-day efficient and effective management of inventory for the workshops to ensure our fleet of buses are in a safe and reliable roadworthy condition each day.
- You will hold Strong Commercial insight that ensures that costs are managed effectively.
- Build strong networks with our parts suppliers that will support optimal management of our inventory
- Assist with the delivery of spare parts and appropriate and timely distribution across our workshops.
What you bring
Whilst qualifications in Spare Parts/Inventory control is preferred, you will have demonstrated experience in Parts inventory as well as strong mechanical knowledge. You will possess sound interpersonal skills with a ‘can do’ approach.
You will be computer literate in computerised Maintenance Management systems and hold HR/MR (minimum) and forklift licence.
You will have a strong safety attitude and willingness to ‘say something’ and contribute to continual improvement initiatives.
The Benefits for you
As well as financial rewards you will enjoy job stability in this permanent role. Other great benefits including a clean and orderly working environment and the support of dedicated managers who have your best interests at heart. You will have Access to sophisticated tools and systems and work in a diverse and inclusive team environment.
Our Values and beliefs
The work we carry out at Transdev touches the lives of our families, friends and future generations alike. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to reflecting the diversity of the communities we serve. We support applications from people representing all diversity groups and ages such as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, LGBTI, people with disabilities, religious beliefs and ethnicity.
Our recruitment process
To find out more visit our careers page http://www.transdev.com.au/careers#work-with-us or contact Leanne Garland on 02 8700 0505 or email@example.com for a position description.
If you’re passionate about delivering unparalleled service as we are then click the ‘apply now’ button to go to our Transdev careers website and complete your application form online.
Applications close on 28 October 2019
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend