We are currently looking for experienced Train Drivers and Trainee Train Drivers (Trainee Locomotive Engineers) to work on-board Metlink train services in Wellington (New Zealand).
- Annual income moving to $73k+ in first year
- Permanent full time role
- Global business growing strongly + training
Transdev Train Drivers are critical to our success in delivering over 230,000 passenger journeys per week here in Wellington (New Zealand). We value our Transdev Journey Makers and customers, and take pride in ensuring everyone has a safe, on-time journey, every time.
The Train Driver (Locomotive Engineers) role is important to the safety of our passengers and as such requires the successful applicant to continue to meet employment benchmarks.
What you bring
- NZ citizenship or residency
- A current full New Zealand driver’s license
- Outstanding communication skills
- The ability to work in a team, and effectively under pressure
- A commitment to your safety and that of others.
- A process driven focus that prioritises rules and procedures
- A willingness to work shifts that may include late night and early morning
- Candidates without any experience are welcome to apply
- Current NZ Service as a qualified Train Driver with another employer will be recognised and as such pay and service based provisions will be honoured. Also, the induction training program will acknowledge previous training and be shortened
The benefits for you
Transdev offers competitive benefits including:
- attractive pay rates, with an annual income moving to $73,000+ in first year
- extensive and continuing on-the-job training to help you develop and excel
- additional shift options to increase your earning capacity
- a supportive and inclusive environment
- free travel and other benefits
- a career path in a global public transport business
- shift work that can support your work life balance.
Transdev operates Metlink train services for Greater Wellington Regional Council. Transdev is a world leader in passenger transport services. We operate in 19 countries around the world, with 83,000 employees and drive 41,000 vehicles. We are have a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce that loves to work with the customers and communities we serve.
Our values and beliefs
We want to make every journey matter for you, our customers and our clients. We connect people and communities, and value the work we do that changes the lives of our families, friends and future generations. We want you to reach your full potential and, as an equal opportunities employer, support applications from everyone.
Our recruitment process
The timeline for this recruitment and selection process:
Stage 1 – Advertising for the role: closing date 1 December 2019
Stage 2 – Candidate screening and testing: closes 20 December 2019
Stage 3 – Interviews: completed 31 January 2020
To find out more, visit our careers page http://www.transdev.com.au/careers#work-with-us
If you're as passionate about delivering unparalleled service as we are then click the ‘Apply now’ button to go to our Transdev careers website and complete your application form online.
Applications close on 1 December 2019