Bring your collaborative leadership style, your ability to develop security strategies, and your previous security or law enforcement experience to this pivotal role
- Free Train travel for all staff on the network
- Auckland CBD location
- Plenty of scope for career progression
Transdev is a world leader in the operation of passenger transport services. Operating in 19 countries around the world, with 83,000 employees and managing 41,000 vehicles we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve.
At Transdev, we believe public transport plays an important part in a how a city comes to life. Our day-to-day work influences our families, friends and future generations where they live, work and play
Transdev Auckland is contracted to Auckland Transport to operate passenger rail services in Auckland. The Auckland train network carries more than 19 million passengers per annum, is serviced by more than 660 Transdev staff, and operates more than 2,800 services each week. It's our vision to be the best – to be Australasia's acknowledged passenger transport leader. We strive to be the best in everything we do.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Security Manager you would be responsible for managing the relationship between Transdev Auckland, our employees, the police and security contractors with regards to security issues. You would also manage the capture and release of all security (including CCTV) information, in line with legislation and business needs.
In addition you would drive a security focused strategy and culture through the management of projects aimed to improve the functioning of the Operations.
This role is a permanent role
- 5 years’ experience in the Police, armed forces or similar security organisation
- Knowledge of relevant Legislation, Regulations and Codes of Practice inc Employment Law, HSE Act, Private Security Personnel and Private Investigators Act, Privacy Act etc.
- Experience working in Unionised environment.
- Well-developed interpersonal, communication and organisational skills, and industrial relations experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills designed for a range of audiences and which can be applied to various channels or formats
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and develop and maintain productive working relationships with internal and external clients and stakeholders.
- Ability to work after business hours and at irregular hours including weekends and public holidays when required
- Understanding and knowledge of computerised data management systems.
In return, we offer competitive pay and benefits and a positive culture that embraces diversity and employee feedback. We genuinely invest in our people and the work you carry out at Transdev touches the lives of your family, friends and future generations alike. Working in a growing, global business will provide diverse career experiences for you to make your mark, push boundaries and reach your maximum potential.
As an equal opportunity employer, we aim to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. With values reflecting safety, commitment, partnership, passion and performance, we collaborate to support our most valuable assets, our customers.
To find out more about careers with us, our benefits and the opportunities we offer, visit our careers page http://www.transdev.com.au/careers#work-with-us
If you're as passionate about delivering unparalleled service as we are then click the ‘Apply now’ button and you’ll be taken to our Transdev website to complete your application form online.
A full position description is available by contacting email@example.com
At Transdev our recruitment process may include pre-employment checks such as medicals, drug & alcohol testing, psychometric testing, police checks, licence checks and right to work checks. For more information http://www.transdev.com.au/careers#recruitment-process