Teacher Training Scheme 2017
Ministry of Education - Teaching
Some jobs are merely jobs. They require you to drag yourself up from bed every morning for yet another dull day of work where you are confronted with task after dreary task. In exchange for undergoing this daily routine, you get to make a steady income and lead a stable life.
In the Education Service, our teachers make far more than just money. Every day, they make children excited with the wonders of science and the majesty of mathematics. They make students appreciate the beauty of the arts and the humanities. Every day, they make our schools the place where students can discover their talents, and aspire to greater heights.
Our teachers make students believe in themselves and press on in the face of adversity so that they will know how limitless their potential is. And as teachers see their students mature into unique, talented individuals, they make sure that the future generation learns all that they can today, so that they may become all that they can be tomorrow.
Our teachers make a difference. What do you make?
Begin your journey as a teacher and be part of a career like no other!
have the relevant content knowledge and passion to teach and inculcate sound
moral values, you are the one we are looking for.
addition, applicants should possess one of the following entry qualifications:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents;
- At least C6 for GCE 'O' Level English Language as a First Language;
- At least sat for Mathematics (Elementary/Additional) at the GCE 'O' levels;
- At least passes in 3 other GCE 'O' Level subjects (excluding CCA);
- Admission for Chinese Studies: At least B4 for Higher Chinese Language or A2 for Chinese Language at the GCE 'O' levels
- Admission for Tamil Studies with Early Education: At least B4 for Higher Tamil Language or A2 for Tamil Language at the GCE 'O' levels
- Admission for Music: Good grades (e.g. at least ABRSM Grade 6 Practical and Grade 5 Theory) from acceptable music examination boards or a pass in GCE 'O' Level Music. Applicants who are involved in musical groups and play a musical instrument are welcomed to apply. Applicants who are selected after MOE's interview must also pass NAFA's music audition.
- Admission for Art: Good grades in Art at the GCE 'O' Levels. Applicants who have external Art qualifications and Art portfolio are welcomed to apply. Shortlisted applicants are expected to present their Art portfolio to the recruitment panel during the interview. Applicants who are selected after MOE's interview are also required to pass NAFA's drawing test.
If you would like to be considered,
please submit your application by 24 January 2017, 11.00 PM. Applicants who
wish to be considered for the teaching of Music should specify their highest
attained theory and practical music qualification(s) in their application, if
Back to search results Apply now