Product Manager, Social Service ICT
Government Technology Agency
InfoComm, Technology, New Media Communications
The Government Technology Agency (GovTech) aims to transform the delivery of Government digital services by taking an "outside-in" view, putting citizens and businesses at the heart of everything we do. We also develop the Smart Nation infrastructure and applications, and facilitate collaboration with citizens and businesses to co-develop technologies.
Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
The Social Service Sector ICT Master Plan (SSICT) will enable the delivery of connected, seamless and effective social services by enhancing the effectiveness of voluntary welfare organisations through the innovative use and adoption of ICT. The Master Plan will include key initiatives to enhance ICT awareness and education, spur ICT adoption and innovation, allow social service workers on the move to access data, and improve information management within the sector.
We are looking for individuals with distinctive qualities and a positive attitude towards work and life. If you feel you have what it takes to be part of the SSICT team, we are interested in knowing you deeper and we welcome you to join us!
As a Product Manager, you are responsible for understanding target user segments and stakeholder needs, expectations and ideas for the product, and plan and manage the product lifecycle and elevation of the product.
What to Expect:
- Responsible for managing software as a product by planning the product lifecycle and evolution of the software/service product
- Understand the target user segments and stakeholder needs, expectations and ideas for the software/service product
- Prioritise what goes into each build/ release cycle based on the product roadmap to maximise business value, customer satisfaction and end-to-end performance
- Develop operation models to ensure sustainability of the products
- Manage contractors by ensuring contractual obligations are met and projects are successfully delivered
- Engage and manage partner agencies and stakeholders to ensure successful implementation and project delivery within scope, schedule and budget
- Keep abreast of ICT technologies, skill-sets and industry practices, for effective fulfilment of the above responsibilities
- Conceptualise ideas and develop prototypes to demonstrate how technology can be applied to real world use cases
- Contribute as subject matter expert supporting the applications deployment and operations of the software/service product
- Ability to drive the continual process of product review and if necessary its retirement
How to Succeed:
- Disciplines in Computer Science, Electronics and Computer Engineering, Information Technology or related discipline
- Possess some experience in product management experience from market evaluation, product planning and definition, development to operations
- Minimum 2 years of software development experience on J2EE platform
- Strong technical fundamentals with working knowledge and experience in ICT solutions and technologies
- Able to effectively engage stakeholders and partner agencies
- Excellent written, verbal communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Pro-active self-starter with an analytical and creative mind
Back to search results Apply now