Product Manager, Standard Product
Government Technology Agency
InfoComm, Technology, New Media Communications
The Government Technology Agency (GovTech) aims to transform the delivery of Government digital services by taking an "outside-in" view, putting citizens and businesses at the heart of everything we do. We also develop the Smart Nation infrastructure and applications, and facilitate collaboration with citizens and businesses to co-develop technologies.
Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
As Product Manager, you will focus on defining the long-term product roadmap for multiple products within the Standard Product family. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time with customer to understand their requirements and problems, and find innovative solutions for the product to cater for a broader market.
You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company, including executive management, commercial and vendors. You will work to define the go-to-market strategy, the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as an evangelist for your product offering, working with commercial and key customers.
What to Expect:
- Specifying customer requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers
- Conceptualise new programmes and initiatives that will transform and create significant impact to the public and whole of government
- Conceptualise ideas and develop prototypes to demonstrate how technology can be applied to real world use cases
- Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Developing and implementing a go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Establish business value proposition and seek project funding approval
- Manage the procurement of contractors from pre-tender to award
- Driving a solution set across engineering teams via Product Owner role within Agile Scrum framework.
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Work closely with business, UX and engineering teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources
- Manage contractors by ensuring contractual obligations are met and projects are successfully delivered
- Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
- Engage and manage partner agencies and stakeholders to ensure successful implementation and project delivery within scope, schedule and budget
- Develop and enhance the relationships with key stakeholders and partner agencies to solicit feedback and achieve customer satisfaction.
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product.
How to Succeed:
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience in software product management, IT project management; with a good track record in managing ICT projects
- Minimum 2 years of software development experience
- Candidates with consulting experience will have an added advantage
- Able to effectively engage senior stakeholders and partner agencies
- Excellent written, verbal communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Pro-active self-starter with an analytical and creative mind
Back to search results Apply now