Assistant Head / Security Officer (ITSS - Web Applications Security)
Agency for Science, Technology and Research
Engineering, InfoComm, Technology, New Media Communications
A*STAR's vision: A global leader in science, technology and open innovation
A*STAR's mission: We advance science and develop innovative technology to further economic growth and improve lives
A*STAR's corporate values: Action, Speed, Teamwork, Agility, Resolve, and Integrity
About the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR)
The Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) is Singapore's lead public sector agency that spearheads economic oriented research to advance scientific discovery and develop innovative technology. Through open innovation, we collaborate with our partners in both the public and private sectors to benefit society.
As a Science and Technology Organisation, A*STAR bridges the gap between academia and industry. Our research creates economic growth and jobs for Singapore, and enhances lives by contributing to societal benefits such as improving outcomes in healthcare, urban living, and sustainability.
We play a key role in nurturing and developing a diversity of talent and leaders in our Agency and Research Institutes, the wider research community and industry. A*STAR oversees 18 biomedical sciences and physical sciences and engineering research entities primarily located in Biopolis and Fusionopolis.
For more information on A*STAR, please visit www.a-star.edu.sg.
The Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) is Singapore's lead public sector agency that fosters world-class scientific research and talent to drive economic growth and transform Singapore into a vibrant knowledge-based and innovation driven economy. For more information about A*STAR, please visit: www.a-star.edu.sg
The Information Technology Shared Services department provides IT support to A*STAR and its Research Institutes through innovative and integrated exploitation of Information Technology.
- Monitor and strengthen the security posture for web applications.
- Support the implementation and enforcement of secure design for compliance to the IT Security Policy.
- Review security measures and recommend appropriate solutions to address weaknesses and gaps in web-based applications
- Perform static/dynamic code test, manual code inspection, design review of internal & external web applications to identify application security defects.
- Work with Application Development Team to ensure that applications are designed and built securely
- Provide subject matter expertise and advisory on secure web application coding practices.
- Perform web/application security analysis.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent with at least 3 years of working experience.
- 2 years' experience in web development and database with .NET, DotNetNuke, Android, iOS, SQL and IIS.
- Experience in using code analysing tool such as HP Fortify or Checkmarx would be an advantage.
- Good understanding of OWASP and experience in identifying and remediating common web application vulnerabilities.
- Meticulous in execution of tasks and ability to apply critical thinking to problem solving.
- Good verbal, written communications skills, and a self-motivated team player, capable of working with minimal supervision
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive. A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on its prevailing recruitment policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Back to search results Apply now