Agency for Science, Technology and Research
A*STAR's vision: A global leader in science, technology and open innovation
A*STAR's mission: We advance science and develop innovative technology to further economic growth and improve lives
A*STAR's corporate values: Action, Speed, Teamwork, Agility, Resolve, and Integrity
About the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR)
The Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) is Singapore's lead public sector agency that spearheads economic oriented research to advance scientific discovery and develop innovative technology. Through open innovation, we collaborate with our partners in both the public and private sectors to benefit society.
As a Science and Technology Organisation, A*STAR bridges the gap between academia and industry. Our research creates economic growth and jobs for Singapore, and enhances lives by contributing to societal benefits such as improving outcomes in healthcare, urban living, and sustainability.
We play a key role in nurturing and developing a diversity of talent and leaders in our Agency and Research Institutes, the wider research community and industry. A*STAR oversees 18 biomedical sciences and physical sciences and engineering research entities primarily located in Biopolis and Fusionopolis.
For more information on A*STAR, please visit www.a-star.edu.sg.
The Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) is Singapore's lead public sector agency that fosters world-class scientific research and talent to drive economic growth and transform Singapore into a vibrant knowledge-based and innovation driven economy. For more information about A*STAR, please visit: www.a-star.edu.sg
The Information Technology Shared Services department provides IT support to A*STAR and its Research Institutes through innovative and integrated exploitation of Information Technology.
The Network Engineer will implement state-of-the-art networks in an enterprise network infrastructure which includes local area networks, wired and wireless. You will be involved in the full spectrum of acquisition operation/project activities, involving technical design, Operations support, network trials, network engineering & integration and network acceptance testing & commissioning. You will need to liaise with all relevant internal and external parties to ensure timely completion and implementation of projects in line with customers' requirements, schedule and budget.
Other responsibilities include:
• Provide 2nd level of technical support and solutions, with the ability to think independently and customize, develop designs to meet business requirements.
• Design state-of-the-art network solutions in line with reference architectural standards and principles to meet dynamic scalable business requirements/expansions.
• Deploy enterprise LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, routers, switches, load balancers, WAN Accelerators and other hardware.
• Configure networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
• Collaborate with executive management and department leaders to assess near- and long-term network capacity needs.
• Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
• Research, recommend, and lead network optimization projects.
• Take initiative to proactively discover and remediate deficiencies in network solutions, both deployed and in design phase.
• Participate and lead problem resolution and cause analysis.
• Drive efforts to restore, recover, or alter configurations, logical or physical, to maintain service integrity.
• Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery.
• Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
• Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information
• Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Diploma or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering (or equivalent)
• At least 3 years of strong IT network data communications experience with in-depth hands-on in Wireless, LAN and WAN, such as platforms: Cisco, Infoblox, etc.
• Experience in LAN/WAN solutions in a Telco and/or Data Centre environment is an added plus.
• In-depth knowledge of networking technologies, protocols and tools such as MPLS, IPv6, Multicast, L3VPN, routing protocols (such as BGP, OSPF), DNS, Spanning tree, etc is required.
• Network certifications, such as CCNP is a must.
• Strong communications and written skills in English.
• Excellent problem solving skills in a multi-tasking, fast-paced and complex work environment.
• Ability to work in a team and independently.
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive. A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on its prevailing recruitment policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified
Back to search results Apply now