Executive, Finance and Procurement (National School Games Office)
Ministry of Education
Accounting, Audit, Finance, Administration Support, Education
The wealth of a nation lies in its people - their commitment to country and community, their willingness to strive and persevere, their ability to think, achieve and excel. Our future depends on our continually renewing and regenerating our leadership and citizenry, building upon the experience of the past, learning from the circumstances of the present, and preparing for the challenges of the future. How we bring up our young at home and teach them in school will shape Singapore in the next generation.
The mission of the Education Service is to mould the future of the nation, by moulding the people who will determine the future of the nation. The Service will provide our children with a balanced and well-rounded education, develop them to their full potential, and nurture them into good citizens, conscious of their responsibilities to family, society and country.
As Executive, Finance and Procurement in the National School Games (NSG) Office, you will be supporting the organisation of sports competitions under the National School Games (NSG) in the areas of finance and procurement. You will also provide administrative and logistical support to convening schools on selected games.
Your key responsibilities include:
• Handling financial activities related to NSG events and activities, including tracking of budget and expenditure, processing of invoices, payments, journals and reimbursement from schools
• Providing timely financial updates on budget utilisation
• Managing NSG inventories, fixed assets and stores including conducting and facilitating regular stock checks to ensure sufficient supply and serviceability
• Undertaking financial roles such as Procurement, Purchasing or Goods Receiving Officer which involve sourcing for suppliers in the government procurement portal (GeBIZ), preparation of tender, invitation to quotes or purchase orders, liaising with contractors/vendors and checking that goods and/or services received are in accordance with requirements
• Good working knowledge of procurement, GeBIZ and finance in the Civil Service would be an advantage
• Possess good interpersonal and communication skills
• Able to multi-task, work independently and as a team
• A polytechnic diploma in any discipline preferably with 2 years of finance or procurement-related experience; those without a diploma and with relevant experience may also apply
Back to search results Apply now