Manager (Finance), National School Games Office
Ministry of Education
Accounting, Audit, Finance, Education, Policy Formulation
The wealth of a nation lies in its people - their commitment to country and community, their willingness to strive and persevere, their ability to think, achieve and excel. Our future depends on our continually renewing and regenerating our leadership and citizenry, building upon the experience of the past, learning from the circumstances of the present, and preparing for the challenges of the future. How we bring up our young at home and teach them in school will shape Singapore in the next generation.
The mission of the Education Service is to mould the future of the nation, by moulding the people who will determine the future of the nation. The Service will provide our children with a balanced and well-rounded education, develop them to their full potential, and nurture them into good citizens, conscious of their responsibilities to family, society and country.
As a Manager, Finance in the National School Games Office (NSGO), you will be part of a dynamic team overseeing the organisation of sports competitions under the National School Games (NSG).
Your key responsibilities include:
• Formulating, reviewing and implementing financial policies and processes related to the NSG, including the streamlining of existing systems and processes
• Managing NSG-related budgets to ensure efficient planning and utilisation of funds
• Handling NSGO's procurement, including vetting of tender specifications or invitations to quote and providing support in the evaluation of quotations and award of contracts
• Assisting in the organisation of key events such as the NSG Opening Ceremony, Annual General Meetings cum Appreciation Lunch and Colours Award ceremony
• Supervising and coaching other officers in the team in finance and procurement matters
• An effective team player with strong interpersonal, analytical and communication skills
• Keen interest in sports would be an advantage
• A university degree in any discipline preferably with at least 3 years of finance and/or procurement experience; those without a degree and with relevant experience and expertise may also apply
Back to search results Apply now