Manager (Operations), National School Games Office
Ministry of Education
Education, Policy Formulation
The wealth of a nation lies in its people - their commitment to country and community, their willingness to strive and persevere, their ability to think, achieve and excel. Our future depends on our continually renewing and regenerating our leadership and citizenry, building upon the experience of the past, learning from the circumstances of the present, and preparing for the challenges of the future. How we bring up our young at home and teach them in school will shape Singapore in the next generation.
The mission of the Education Service is to mould the future of the nation, by moulding the people who will determine the future of the nation. The Service will provide our children with a balanced and well-rounded education, develop them to their full potential, and nurture them into good citizens, conscious of their responsibilities to family, society and country.
As a Manager, Operations in the National School Games Office (NSGO), you will be part of a dynamic team overseeing the organisation of sports competitions under the National School Games (NSG).
Your key responsibilities include:
• Formulating, reviewing and implementing operational policies and processes related to the NSG including the streamlining of existing systems and processes
• Developing and putting in place standard operating procedures for effective management of NSGO's operations, human resource and information technology
• Providing operational and logistical support to the Singapore School Sports Teams for local, regional or international competitions
• Assisting in the organisation of key events such as the NSG Opening Ceremony, Annual General Meetings cum Appreciation Lunch and Colours Award ceremony
• Supervising and coaching other officers in the team in operational matters
• An effective team player with strong interpersonal, analytical and communication skills
• Keen interest in sports would be an advantage
• A university degree in any discipline preferably with at least 3 years of experience in process review and/or events planning and organisation; those without a degree and with relevant experience and expertise may also apply
Back to search results Apply now