Ministry of Education
Education, InfoComm, Technology, New Media Communications
The wealth of a nation lies in its people - their commitment to country and community, their willingness to strive and persevere, their ability to think, achieve and excel. Our future depends on our continually renewing and regenerating our leadership and citizenry, building upon the experience of the past, learning from the circumstances of the present, and preparing for the challenges of the future. How we bring up our young at home and teach them in school will shape Singapore in the next generation.
The mission of the Education Service is to mould the future of the nation, by moulding the people who will determine the future of the nation. The Service will provide our children with a balanced and well-rounded education, develop them to their full potential, and nurture them into good citizens, conscious of their responsibilities to family, society and country.
As a Cameraman in the Educational Technology Division, you will assist the producers in providing location video recording for the production of videos to support teaching and learning in our schools, as well as training and corporate communications.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Performing location scouting with producer and soundman to assess and recommend the suitability of venues for video production
- Making recommendations to producer on camera angles, types of camera equipment to be used and aesthetic lighting for the set
- Setting up and operating professional camera equipment and accessories (including lighting) for video recording
- Carrying out proper maintenance of all camera and related equipment used for video production to ensure they meet technical performance and requirements
- Able to operate professional broadcast level camcorders
- An energetic and observant individual who works well with people of all levels
- Knowledge and skills in video-editing would be an advantage
- A local polytechnic diploma in Film, Sound and Video or equivalent, with at least 5 years of experience as a videographer in the media industry; those without a diploma and with relevant experience and expertise may also apply
Back to search results Apply now