Scaffolding Safety Supervisor
Job no: 492553
Work type: Contract
Location: Penglai Shandong Province
This is a single-status contract role based at the project module yard in Penglai Shandong province in China.
Expected assignment period is from December 2019 to October 2020.
This role reports to the Site HSE Manager. Supervision is exercised upon Subcontractor Safety, Lifting and Rigging focal persons.
Core Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Assist to compile scaffold erection, inspection, use, and dismantling safety rules, standards and procedures for field work in compliance with Contractor’s HSE regulations, the Client’s Safety requirements, and statutory regulations concerned.
- Perform the required inspection of scaffold equipment and works as determined in Projects HSE Procedures by approving or rejecting equipment based on their compliance to requirements.
- Verify that scaffold supervisors and workers are certified.
- Conducts daily inspections to locate hazardous conditions and violations of equipment safety, and takes immediate action to correct any unsafe or substandard apparatus.
- Develop and maintain visibility and presence on site; gain the trust and confidence of the worksite personnel and provide proactive coaching/training to the workforce and management teams on all HSE issues.
- Contribute to building a culture of personal accountability where safe behaviors are reinforced and at risk behaviors are challenged.
- Administer and monitor a U-See U-Act system on site.
- Arrange, attend, and participate in weekly site safety steering team meetings and respond to any actions in a positive and timely manner.
- Prepare accident or incident report required by the Client, Contractor, and local authorities concerned.
- Analyze all safety incidents to determine the causes and extent of violation of standards; assist and/or develop preventive measures to avoid recurrence.
- Supervise Subcontractor HSE personnel related to safety matters.
- Maintain close coordination with Client’s and JV partner’s HSE personnel.
- Review and evaluate all construction plans/permits and Subcontractor’s work Method Statement in accordance with the project safety requirements prior to the commencement of work.
Technical Knowledge / Skills / Competencies
- A strong lead professional with broad EPC expertise and experience related to scaffolding activities on a construction site.
- Thorough understanding of safety requirements related to scaffolding activities.
- Sound knowledge of safety issues relevant to the international companies and project operations.
Behavioral Skills / Competencies
- Has the professional and personal stature to interface with, and advice, a wide variety of contacts, including line management, contractors, and other safety professionals.
- Is able to communicate effectively within a multicultural setting.
- Can work effectively with HSE and other company and contractor staff.
Qualifications / Certifications
Diploma in HSE Management or equivalent.
International diploma related to scaffold engineered designs, erection, dismantling and inspection.
Preferred: Technical certification as scaffold specialist and trainer of scaffolders.
Minimum Years of Relevant Experience:
At least 10 years’ of post-certification experience.
HSE Requirements for the Position: Has a sound knowledge of, and experience working under HSE requirements for brownfield and greenfield EPC contracts within a major contracting organization.
Advertised: Hong Kong Standard Time
Applications close: Hong Kong Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now