Lead Completion Engineer
Job no: 493566
Work type: Contract
This is a contract role based at Chiyoda Global Headquarters in Yokohama, Japan. Expected start is November 2019.
This role reports to the Handover Management Section Leader and Completion and Turnover Manager. Supervision is exercised upon Subcontractors, Vendors, Completion Engineers, Completion Support staff such as document controllers and punch list coordinators.
Core Accountabilities / Responsibilities but not limited to;
- Lead a team of several engineers and exercise direct supervision to Completion Support staff
- Support Completion Manager in planning and organizing Completion and Turnover (CTO) function for FEED and EPCC projects
- Technical and commercial evaluation of various CCMS solutions/software and recommend the optimum solution for projects
- Function as CCMS Administrator, as required
- Liaise with various CCMS system suppliers and tracking their latest developments
- Perform Systemization of P&ID and non-P&ID systems
- Building system-tag data relationships and tag-ITR relationships
- Coordination for and compilation of construction and commissioning ITPs and ITRs
- Archive project records related to Completion and Turnover
- Compile lessons learnt relevant to CTO
- Liaise with IT engineers for core technical matters related to information technology and information security
- Organize and conduct training to develop CCMS skills of other members and relevant project groups
- Establish and develop Completion and Turnover Execution Plan, CCMS Procedure, Punch List Procedure and other CTO related documentation for projects
- Develop cost estimate and control cost for completion management function.
- Lead in the preparation of Handover documentation (dossier, QCRs, punch list) during project execution including support for the handover of project’s overall deliverables
Technical Knowledge / Skills / Competencies:
- Knowledgeable of major CCMS solutions popular in the industry e.g. WinPCS, Co-Console, IBS Continuum Edge, Zenator, etc.
- Knowledgeable of best practices in construction and commissioning work execution of major Oil & Gas modularize and stick built method projects.
- Experienced of working in home office as well as project sites of major international projects
- Knowledgeable and operation skill of Power BI software.
- Basic skills in computer networking, database, MS Office and advanced MS Excel are desirable
Behavioral Skills / Competencies but not limited to:
- Proven leadership and coordination/interface ability
- Effective communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- A sound knowledge of Oil & Gas and Utility plant systemization and completion
- Assertive character, self-motivated, with initiative and proactive
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Able to adapt to change
- Ability to demonstrate effectively communicate expectations, operational concerns and interact with a variety of individuals within multiple levels of the organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including interpersonal, facilitation, and presentation capabilities. Must be knowledgeable of English language.
- Competent computer skills using Standard MS software, and databases
- Demonstrate ability to solve problems and to process information quickly.
- Ability to address and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrate ability to handle constantly changing and emerging priorities.
- Ability to lead and supervise a team through the utilization of appropriate planning, organizing and prioritization skills.
Qualifications / Certifications:
- BS Diploma or equivalent experience.
- A successful career path in the energy sector in similar roles
- Competent Communication skills and good performance working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Able to engage in effective communication with both Project and Client personnel
Minimum Years of Relevant Experience:
8+ years in Completion and Turnover functions in major Oil & Gas and Chemical plant projects.
HSE Requirements for the Position:
Ability to understand and comply with the Corporate HSSE Policy and Project HSSE Policy.
Advertised: Tokyo Standard Time
Applications close: Tokyo Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now