Specialist, Infrastructure Server
Job no: 493647
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Categories: Information Technology
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all servers in Azure Cloud and on premises, delivering cloud based solutions to the business, automating server deployment, core infrastructure and storage within NewDay ensuring high availability and performance. The role holder will manage the day to day operation and will be the SME (Subject Matter Expert) for IT Infrastructure requirements in all areas of the business.
- Deploy, manage and optimise private, public and/or hybrid cloud solutions.
- Ensure that all cloud and on premise solutions follow security and compliance controls, including data sovereignty.
- Collaborate with application architects and DevOps to modernize infrastructure as a service (IaaS) applications to Platform as a Service (PaaS).
- Develop and operationally run Infrastructure strategies that are aligned within the overall NewDay Cloud first strategy.
- Manage the day to day operation of on premise and cloud based business applications, IaaS solutions and managed DCs.
- Assess the impact of digital delivery projects, provide technical expertise, direction, and assistance to business area and teams.
- Deploy, test, and implement cloud-based and on premise technical solutions based on NewDay policies and standards, with the ultimate goal of enhancing NewDay business development and delivery to customers.
- Collaborate with other members of IT teams, Dev/Ops, Developers, Project team, NewDay leadership, Tech Risk and MSPs to develop appropriate technical solutions and standards to meet NewDay business objectives.
- Be a problem solver using technical experience to create and deliver innovative solutions and support the NewDay goals in secure cloud adoption.
- Work closely with Suppliers and MSPs to ensure SLAs, operational efficiencies and optimum usage of technologies.
Provide out of hours support as part of our on call rota.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in implementing and maintaining Microsoft infrastructure technologies.
- Experience in implementing and securing resources using best practices including Azure Active Directory, Azure App Service Apps and Virtual Networks.
- Experience in implementing networking, storage and security solutions and managing Azure Resource Manager (ARM) virtual machines.
- Knowledge of Windows networking, including DNS, Active Directory, firewalls, load balancers.
- Experience in migration of Windows and Linux servers from on premise data center to Azure cloud.
- In-depth knowledge and practical experience of advanced troubleshooting of Windows operating systems and core infrastructure tools.
- Strong troubleshooting knowledge with Active directory, DNS, DHCP, Exchange 2013, Lync, SharePoint and Symantec AV
- Excellent troubleshooting ability both within expertise areas and also outside i.e. ability to research for potential solutions outside area of technical expertise.
- Proven experience of data centre migration and optimisation.
- Experience of delivering complete infrastructure solutions for projects including DR, capacity planning, environment strategy and hosting requirements.
- Good proven knowledge of all infrastructure domains including data centres, networks, storage, servers, security and service monitoring.
- Experience in AWS cloud solutions.
- Knowledge of Network and database technologies.
- Previous history of working in Financial Services with an understanding of the necessity of a highly secured environment
- Technical certification in Microsoft operating systems and Azure cloud platform.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now