The role of SRE’s is to support the operation of applictions and infrastructure running in the live environment. They are responsible for the performance, availability, efficiency, monitoring, emergency response, change management and capacity planning of all future and existing production systems.
- Collaborate very closely with Dev/Ops to design, operate and optimize large-scale, online services
- Collaborate with other engineers to design and deliver solutions for disaster recovery, capacity management, monitoring, telemetry, and platform automation.
- Working with the Dev/Ops team manage transition of services from Project to Operational management.
- Be part of a team of platform and automation specialists, you will oversee the effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems, software and applications
- Perform deep investigations that stretch your skills to isolate and solve complex performance and reliability issues for online services. .
- Follow agreed procedures, carries out routine configuration/installation and provides sufficient information for reconfiguration of services
- Carries out required monitoring, logging and reporting tasks. Takes action on known errors and documented workarounds, logging such actions and advising supervisor or specialists when management or specialist attention is required.
- Acting corporately as a role model, communicating clear direction and setting changes into context for others.
- Being involved in the wider development community, identifying good practices we can adopt and sharing our experiences.
- The SRE engineer is not just about adding development skills to ops; it will require a different way of thinking and working
Support Azure/Aws applictions and on prem operations, projects & change processes.
Provide out of hours support on a rota basis.
Required Skills & Experience
• Delivery & Customer focused.
• Understanding of solving problems at scale
• Experience with the Azure cloud platform
• Proficient in Automation, build, packaging and release tooling
• Flexible and agile attitude in respect to responsibilities and change.
• Adaptable to changes that maybe in and out of their control.
• excellent written and verbal communication skills.
•Uses a modern standards approach throughout automation and testing.
•familiar with all aspects of Dev/Ops CI:CD pipeline
•Working knowledge of Iaas, PaaS, SaaS and Cloud technologies.
•Is able to define, analyse, plan, measure, maintain and improve all aspects of the availability of
•Is advanced in the following
- .NET C#
- .Net Core
- SQL - Microsoft SQL
- Application Insights/Log Analytics
•Maintains the security, confidentiality and integrity of information systems through the compliance with
relevant legislation and regulations
Exposure to Business Intelligence products
• Familiar with ITIL processes for IT service management
• Working with Bamboo, Jira and Bitbucket.
• Previous history in working a Financial Institution and understands the necessity of
having a highly secured environment.
• IT strategy experience for planning migrations to public or hybrid clouds including Azure and AWS.
• working knowledge of
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent analytical thinking
- Takes accountability and ownership
- Ability to build strong relationships and partnerships with a broad variety of stakeholders
- Strives for excellence in everything they do
- Commercial and customer focussed
- Can do attitude