• Based at Glenhaven servicing North West Sydney
• Permanent part-time position available
• Monday and Tuesday from 7am/8am-4pm availability essential
As a Christian organisation with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we exist to serve our community, enrich life and share the love of Jesus. Combining our resources and expertise enables us to work even more effectively to meet changing needs as we reach and serve more people at all stages of life.
To find out more please visit: www.anglicare.org.au
Join our Anglicare At Home team of professionals and make a genuine difference in the lives of older people. This important role provides our clients with transport options, giving them greater independence and support to remain in their own home. Successful applicants will be engaged to drive clients to a range of pre-booked appointments and social activities using a company vehicle as directed. The Anglicare car may be used for the day and left on site at the Glenhaven office servicing clients in the North and West areas of Sydney.
Key responsibilities (as required)
• Transport to scheduled appointments (such as medical)
• Transport to undertake shopping
• Transport to various social and support activities
• Interact with clients in a cheerful and empathetic manner
• Ensure care standards are upheld by following procedures and service plans
Skills, knowledge and experience needed
• Current driver's licence with good driving record
• Excellent communication skills
• Be reliable and have flexible availabilities
• Demonstrated time management skills
• A passion for caring for others
• Have an understanding of the challenges faced for the ageing population
• Ability to work autonomously
• A commitment to Christian values desirable
• Light Rigid driver's licence desirable
• Previous community transport and aged care experience desirable
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply
Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.