Case Manager – Foster Care Carer Recruitment
- Office location based in Telopea/Mt Druitt | Full time role
- Professional and supportive team culture
- Make a real and lasting difference in the lives of families
Working at Anglicare may be a valuable opportunity to make a positive difference in people’s lives.
As a Christian organisation with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we exist to serve our community, enrich life and share the love of Jesus. Combining our resources and expertise enables us to work even more effectively to meet changing needs as we reach and serve more people at all stages of life. Anglicare provides family preservation and restoration, foster care and adoption services across metropolitan Sydney.
About the role:
Anglicare has a vacancy in the specialist Carer Recruitment Team for a case manager to recruit, train and assess new foster carers. As the number of children requiring care continues to rise, there is an acute and ongoing need for carers to meet a range of placement needs. The purpose of this role is to conduct all aspects of carer recruitment including assessment and training of suitable applicants according to the NSW OOHC Standards and agency practice guidelines.
Note: The role will initially be based at Telopea with the view to relocate to Mt Druitt in coming months.
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
- Progress applicants through assessment phase in a timely manner by ensuring Anglicare’s pool of carers is increased.
- Complete thorough carer assessments and assessment reports, using Anglicare’s Assessment Guide, and implementing best practice.
- Manage the filing, storage and security of client information.
- Provide timely progress reports and feedback of any concerns from each assessment step, from allocation to approval panels.
- Ensure applicant carers are well informed and capable of meeting the needs of children in out of home care, particularly as related to child safety, welfare and wellbeing by providing them with the relevant information.
- Assist with annual carer reviews, assessment processes or other foster care program tasks as required.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
- Bachelor level qualifications in the field of social work, psychology or social welfare.
- Well-developed analytical, critical thinking and assessment skills.
- Capacity to demonstrate knowledge and experience of the role, skills and demands made of foster carers.
- Understanding of the needs of children in out-of-home care and the impacts of abuse, trauma and disruption.
- Capacity to engage and build rapport with applicants being assessed for a foster carer role with Anglicare.
- Capacity to have difficult conversations, communicate deficits and challenge attitudes, practices and approaches.
If you genuinely care about people and share our vision, mission and values, we welcome your application to join us, as we work to see Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.