Project Officer/Senior Project Officer, APS Level 5/6, Office of Northern Australia
Job no: 494047
Employment type: Ongoing
Location: Darwin, Townsville
Categories: APS Level 5, APS Level 6
Why join us?
The Office of Northern Australia (ONA) coordinates the implementation of the Our North, Our Future: White Paper on Developing Northern Australia, which sets out key policies and initiatives to drive growth in the north. ONA also provides advice on northern Australia issues and manages stakeholder engagement across the north.
The Office of Northern Australia is seeking two high performing, motivated individuals to work in the co-ordination and implementation team based in Darwin, NT or Townsville, Qld.
What we're looking for
The successful applicant will work in a team responsible for coordinating and reporting on some 51 Developing the North White Paper commitments and other key northern Australia initiatives, and will demonstrate excellent time management and organisational skills. Applicants must be self‑driven and able to manage competing priorities in a professional manner.
Below is a list of duties that may apply to both the APS6 and APS5 roles:
- Assist in developing and maintaining communications products.
- Assist with coordination across the Australian and state government agencies.
- Organise meetings and draft agenda, papers and minutes, as required.
- Perform independent research work and analysis including the preparation of draft reports on relevant programme activities and/or project milestones.
- Manage contract and service agreements and ensure compliance.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of business planning and reporting.
- Assist in the coordination of reports to the Minister and senior leaders regarding implementation of White Paper commitments.
- Provide secretariat support to various inter-departmental committees and working groups.
- Develop an understanding of, and ability to report on, current and emerging northern Australia policy issues.
Below is a list of duties specific to the APS6 role:
- Attend, in support of ONA directors or assistant directors, internal and external meetings, and provide briefing and administrative support as needed.
- Draft written products to support the Minister and senior leaders, including briefings, correspondence, discussion papers and speeches.
Below is a list of duties specific to the APS5 role:
- Assist with the maintenance/regular monitoring of the ONA email inbox and draft, track and monitor responses.
Previous experience in communications would be considered desirable.
Full time/On-going, Darwin NT or Townsville, Qld
The impact you'll have
The successful applicant will need to have strong written and verbal communications skills, be flexible, able to manage competing demands, and be able to demonstrate good judgement. Tertiary level qualifications are considered desirable. Indigenous jobseekers are strongly encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
Sound like you? Apply now!
You are required to complete your application online. Aligning your responses with the above job description, provide:
- an explanation of how your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to this role (limit your response between 300 and 500 words)
- detail about three (3) professional achievements, within the last 5 years, that you are proud of (limit your response between 300 and 500 words)
As both an APS6 and an APS5 position are on offer, applicants should indicate which role they are applying for. You are also required to provide your current CV with your application. (CVs must be in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format)
Learn more about the department
Check out the links on the left-hand side of the page for more useful information about a career with the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science.
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact Belinda Carlson at Belinda.Carlson@industry.gov.au.au or phone (08) 8923 4408.
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend