Office Assistant III
Back to search results
Job no: 517953
Work type: Extension, Support Staff
Personnel Sub Area:
CT- Clerical Tech.
Major Administrative Unit / College:
Michigan State University Extension
Msue Directors Office 10058282
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Clerical Technical- CT, Agriculture, Financial/Accounting, Office/Clerical Support, PR/Media/Graphics/Comm/Fund Raising, Non-Union
Tollgate Support Coordinator
Tollgate Farm and Education Center serves as an MSU Extension outreach and educational resource helping to build awareness for community food systems and sustainable agriculture across a diverse audience in Southeastern Michigan. The Conference Center also functions as a full service meeting facility ideal for the business and educational community.
This position has two key areas of responsibility; first to provide administrative program support to the MSU Extension Greening Michigan Institute Tollgate Supervisory Extension Educator and secondly to oversee the day-to-day operation of events at Tollgate Farm and Education Center.
This position will provide customer service and office support, including managing financial transactions, billing and invoicing, conference center coordination, including interaction with vendors, suppliers and support staff.
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge normally acquired through a high school education; three to five years of office support and customer service experience; experience in word processing, spreadsheet, database and/or desktop publishing software; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Solid business acumen and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships in all aspects of the position.
- Proven ability to work independently and problem solve in a multi-tasking environment with numerous deadlines.
- Excellent organizational, planning, time management and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare accurate budgets and effectively manage expenses.
- Proficiency with Quick Books, Invoice Ninja, or other invoicing systems.
- High level of verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability for accuracy and thoroughness.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, financial/bookkeeping software, and Google Applications.
- Ability to lift and carry educational materials, equipment, etc. up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to travel in local and surrounding communities and occasional long distance travel are required as a regular part of this position.
- Transportation is the responsibility of the employee.
- Proven ability in establishing and working with a diverse network of constituents and community members across race, gender, socioeconomic class, disabilities and other differences.
- Understanding of and ability to implement Civil Rights principles and compliance standards.
Required Application Materials
Applicants are asked to submit a current resume/CV, cover letter and four (4) professional references.
Generally 40 hours Monday - Friday, with some nights and weekends needed.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now