Development Officer II/S
Back to search results
Job no: 519362
Work type: Support Staff
Personnel Sub Area:
APSA- Pro Supervisory
Major Administrative Unit / College:
Asc Vice Pres For University Development 10069230
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Professional Supervisory- APSA, PR/Media/Graphics/Comm/Fund Raising, Union
Director of Development, Student Affairs and Services
Michigan State University seeks an entrepreneurial, creative, strategically-minded, and results-oriented Director of Development, Student Affairs and Services to lead the fundraising program for the Division of Student Affairs and Services. The Division serves the entire student population of the university through a variety of organizational entities, programs and services. All of this support is rooted in three over-arching themes for the student population:
- Living, Learning and Leading – includes focus on career services, service-learning and civic engagement, leadership development, and college life;
- Culture and Identity – creating a welcoming and safe environment for all students, this includes greek life, the LGBT Resource Center, the Multicultural Unit Center, and the Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities;
- Health, Wellness and Safety – information and services to help students develop and maintain good physical, psychological and emotional health.
The new Director of Development, Student Affairs and Services will lead and provide direction to an advancement program that includes major gift fundraising, leadership annual giving, strategic engagement, and communications. Starting with a strong strategic focus based on past fundraising success, this Director will work to build a portfolio of approximately 150 individuals and to focus on 5, 6, and 7-figure support. To accomplish these objectives, the Director will work closely with both the Vice President of Student Affairs and Services, and the Executive Director of Constituency Programs.
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a four-year college degree program in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing and/or Business; three to five years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in public relations, volunteer administration, professional and higher education fund raising, marketing or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A master’s degree is preferred.
- Five years experience in professional fund raising, public relations, marketing or a related field or three years of progressively responsible professional experience in higher education fundraising, public relations or a related field.
- Working knowledge of tax laws affecting charitable giving.
- Travel involving automobile.
Required Application Materials
Work hours are 8 am to 5 pm with some nights and weekends.
Bidding eligibility ends on 7/17/2018 at 11:55 PM
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now