Simulation Operations Specialist
The College at Brockport
The Simulation Operations Specialist works collaboratively with lab and sim nursing faculty to provide laboratory and simulation experiences for undergraduate and graduate nursing students. Responsible for providing technical and mechanical support and assistance for all lab and simulation operations, including, but not limited to programming, operating, maintaining, and repairing all simulation/laboratory equipment and audio-visual systems. Position is a 12 month, full-time opportunity. Some evenings and weekends required.
- Maintains and updates simulation center equipment with assigned nursing IT professional.
- Provides support to evening and weekend simulation/lab experiences as needed.
- Provides technical assistance, support and training to faculty, instructors and staff in use of simulation equipment.
- Serves as a liaison between the College at Brockport and the manufacturer of simulation/lab equipment regarding troubleshooting and system problems.
- Programs software to model simulator's physiological response to instructor specifications.
- Operates patient simulators for the duration of simulations.
- Sets up and tears down rooms in preparation for various simulations.
- Collaborates with lab coordinator in maintaining inventory of all equipment and supplies related to simulation.
- Maintains current knowledge of simulation/lab equipment catalogs and operation manuals.
- Creates and applies moulage for standardized patients and mannequins.
- Provides recommendations on equipment, supplies and materials.
- Collaborates with lab coordinator and lab instructors in coordinating simulations.
- Acts as a resource for staff, instructors and students.
- Assists with scheduling and training of Standardized Patients.
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or other related field by time of hire from a college or
estern NY)university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization; experience with various computer platforms and hardware, such as PC and Mac computer, video cameras and microphones; ability to work with culturally diverse populations; and, excellent oral and written communication skills.
Simulation experience; a minimum of one year experience in a healthcare environment, engineering, computer science, information technology, or a related field; and, highly organized and detail-oriented.
The Nursing Department and The College
Twenty-three full-time faculty and staff and over 20 adjunct lecturers work in the Department of Nursing. Faculty teach in four different programs – a pre-licensure traditional BSN program, a second-degree accelerated programs BSN program, an RN to BSN completion program, and a master’s program that prepares Family Nurse Practitioners. Come work with a great team of nursing faculty with students who are talented, energetic and engaged in the learning process.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York serves a diverse student body of over 7,100 undergraduate and 1,100 graduate students enrolled in 50 undergraduate majors and more than 50 masters’ programs, teacher certification programs and advanced graduate certificates supported by more than 750 instructional faculty and professional staff. The College is an inclusive learning community that inspires excellence through growth, engagement, and transformation. Located in western New York, the College benefits from a small town atmosphere located near major metropolitan cities; 16 miles west of Rochester, 45 miles east of Buffalo, and 140 miles from Toronto.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary and excellent benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurances, retirement, and paid time off.
Interested candidates should apply online at jobs.brockport.edu and submit a cover letter, resume and the names, addresses and phone number of three professional references. Review of application materials will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College’s commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.