Director of the Comprehensive Campaign
The College at Brockport
The Division of Advancement at The College at Brockport, State University of New York, is accepting applications for the Director of the Comprehensive Campaign (DCC).
The DCC is responsible for overall campaign coordination and organization with the goal of maximizing philanthropic support for The College of Brockport, through a major comprehensive campaign. The DCC will play a critical leadership role in ensuring the success of the campaign. In collaboration with the Vice President for Advancement and the leadership team, the DCC manages the execution of the overall strategy for campaign plans and goals. The DCC ensures integration of all campaign cultivation, solicitation, stewardship activities, and coordinates a strategic engagement of key staff and volunteers in a systematic and focused comprehensive campaign program. Success in this role requires someone who is imaginative, highly self-motivated, and who can work in a self-directed manner. Position reports to the Vice President for Advancement.
- Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized college or university.
- Experience creating or executing strategic development plans and programs.
- Experience managing in a process-driven, results-focused environment.
- Demonstrated success working in a team environment.
- Ability to problem solve at a high level in working with boards, volunteers, major donors, and gift officers working with donors.
- The ability to achieve and deliver in a fast-paced, demanding environment, where attention to detail is paramount.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer software programs.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Superior interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written.
- Minimum of five years of experience in sales, fundraising, alumni engagement, communications, or related field, with demonstrated results.
- Master’s degree from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized college or university.
- Supervisory experience.
- Prior experience coordinating a comprehensive or capital campaign.
- Demonstrated success managing a portfolio of prospects through the process of identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- A measureable record of accomplishment with six and seven figure solicitations.
- The ideal candidate will have experience with fundraising databases in a PC environment.
The mission of the State University College at Brockport Foundation, Inc. is to seek, secure, and steward philanthropic support to advance The College at Brockport in its commitment to student success.
Since 1976, the Brockport Foundation has partnered with The College at Brockport to foster a culture of philanthropy that honors and supports our mission of student success. The Foundation, in collaboration with the Division of Advancement, oversees the investment and financial management of all gifts to the College. This group of committed volunteers dedicates its time, talent, and treasure to help ensure that sustainable funding for scholarships, academic and facility enhancements, and special events is available so that we may continue to provide our students with a transformational educational experience.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York, serves a diverse student body of over 7,100 undergraduate and 1,100 graduate students enrolled in 50 undergraduate majors and more than 50 masters’ programs, teacher certification programs and advanced graduate certificates supported by more than 750 instructional faculty and professional staff. The College is an inclusive learning community that inspires excellence through growth, engagement, and transformation. Located in western New York, the College benefits from a small town atmosphere located near major metropolitan cities; 16 miles west of Rochester, 45 miles east of Buffalo, and 140 miles from Toronto.
Salary, Benefits and Appointment
Competitive salary and excellent benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurances, retirement, and paid time off. This is a 5 year temporary funded position.
Interested candidates should apply online at jobs.brockport.edu and submit a cover letter, resume and the names, addresses and phone number of three professional references. Review of application materials will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations via email at email@example.com.
We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College’s commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.