Assistant Professor of Production and Operations Management
The College at Brockport
The AACSB-accredited School of Business and Management at The College at Brockport, State University of New York is seeking a full-time, 10 month, tenure-track Assistant Professor of Production and Operations Management to join the Department of Business Administration starting in the Fall 2020.
Responsibilities of this position include teaching three, three credit analytical management courses at the undergraduate or graduate levels each semester, courses may include Production and Operation Management, Supply Chain Management, Project Management, Data Management, Business Analytics, Intermediate Statistics as well as other courses consistent with academic preparation, professional experiences, and needs of business programs; engaging in extracurricular activities with students and the local business community; contributing to the field through published scholarship consistent with the AACSB qualification of Scholarly Academics; advising students; and, other service obligations consistent with the needs of the Department, School, College, and Profession.
- PhD or DBA in Operation Management, Industrial Engineering, Management Science or related analytical management fields consistent with expected teaching arrangements from an AACSB accredited business school by time of appointment from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized college or ABD to be completed within 6 months of appointment.
- Demonstrated student focus, effectiveness, and success in teaching college level courses.
- Qualified by professional or academic experience to teach graduate-level courses.
- Demonstrated scholarly potential by peer-reviewed publications or high-quality work in progress.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to teach in a multi-cultural environment, collegial and team-oriented demeanor.
- Ability and willingness to participate in service obligations.
- Completed doctorate in Operation Management, Industrial Engineering, Management Science or related analytical management fields from an AACSB accredited business school.
- Referred journal publications in press or published on topics related to Production & Operation Management, Supply Chain Management, Business Analytics, and Management Science.
- Evidence of successfully teaching undergraduate or graduate courses related to Production & Operation Management, Data Management, and Business Analytics.
- Related professional working experience in Production & Operation Management, Data Management, or Business Analytics.
- Professional certifications in Production & Operation Management, Data Management, or Business Analytics.
- Experience teaching in on-line or hybrid formats.
- Experience in developing and coordinating curricular and co-curricular programs.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York, serves a diverse student body of over 7,100 undergraduate and 1,100 graduate students enrolled in 50 undergraduate majors and more than 50 masters’ programs, teacher certification programs and advanced graduate certificates supported by more than 750 instructional faculty and professional staff. The College is an inclusive learning community that inspires excellence through growth, engagement, and transformation. Located in western New York, the College benefits from a small town atmosphere located near major metropolitan cities; 16 miles west of Rochester, 45 miles east of Buffalo, and 140 miles from Toronto.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement, life and disability insurances, healthcare and dependent care savings accounts.
Preference will be given to application materials received by October 18, 2019 and application materials will continue to be accepted until the position is filled. Interested candidates should apply online at jobs.brockport.edu.
For consideration, please submit 1.) Letter of Application; 2.) Resume/CV; 3.) Names and contact information for three professional references; 4.) Teaching Statement; 5.) Research Sample.
New York State Executive Order 161
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Diversity Statement
We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College’s commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.