Lecturer of Management
The College at Brockport, State University of New York
The AACSB-accredited School of Business and Management at The College at Brockport, State University of New York is seeking a full-time, 10 month, non-tenure track Lecturer of Management to join the Department of Business Administration starting from Fall 2020.
Responsibilities include teaching four three-credit management courses each semester at the undergraduate level in both on-line and face-to-face formats such as Management Information Systems, Advanced MIS, Data Management, Business Analytics, System Analysis & Design, as well as other courses consistent with academic preparation, professional experiences, and needs of business programs; advising students and other service obligations; engaging in continuous professional development.
- Master’s degree in Management Information Systems, Management Science, Production & Operation Management, or other related business fields by time of appointment from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized college or university.
- Minimum of three-years related professional experience in Management Information Systems or Data Management, or closely related field.
- Experience teaching at the college level.
- Experience teaching in on-line or hybrid formats.
- Qualified by professional or academic experience to teach undergraduate courses under AACSB Accreditation Standards.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to continuous improvement.
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse cultures and to encourage diversity in the curriculum.
- PhD Degree (including ABD and DBA) in Management Information Systems, Management Science, Production & Operation Management, or other related business fields by time of appointment from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized college or university.
- Evidence of successful teaching undergraduate Management Information Systems, Data Management, or related courses.
- Qualified by professional or academic experience to teach graduate level courses.
- Scholarly works on topics related to Management Information Systems, Data Management, or Business Analytics.
- Professional certifications in Management Information Systems, Data Management, or Business Analytics.
- Experience in advising students.
The Department of Business Administration offers majors in Business Administration, International Business, and Marketing, and minors in Business and Marketing. The Business Administration major offers four tracks: Business Analytics, Human Resource Management, Management, and Management Information System. The Department also offers an on-line degree completion program in the Management track. All faculty in the Department have a Ph.D. or a terminal degree. Several faculty members received the prestigious SUNY Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Teaching.
The College and Region
The College at Brockport, State University of New York, serves a diverse student body of over 7,100 undergraduate and 1,100 graduate students enrolled in 50 undergraduate majors and more than 50 masters’ programs, teacher certification programs and advanced graduate certificates supported by more than 750 instructional faculty and professional staff. The College is an inclusive learning community that inspires excellence through growth, engagement, and transformation.
The College is located along the famous Erie Canal, in the village of Brockport in western New York State, a region known for its low cost of living and stable housing market. The College benefits from a small-town atmosphere, even while located near major metropolitan cities. Brockport is:
• 16 miles west of the city of Rochester, which is the home of the Rochester Institute of Technology, the University of Rochester, the Eastman School of Music, the Strong National Museum of Play, and the Rochester Red Wings AAA baseball franchise;
• 45 miles east of Buffalo, which is the home of the University of Buffalo, the Bills NFL franchise, and the Sabres NHL franchise;
• 75 miles from Niagara Falls USA, which features the American, Horseshoe and Bridal Veil Falls;
• 140 miles from Toronto, the largest city in Canada and the home of the University of Toronto; and
• 350 miles from the many attractions of New York City.
• The area features a number of technology companies, including Paychex, Xerox, and Kodak, and other large companies such as Wegmans and Excellus. Rochester and its suburbs feature some of the highest-quality public, private, parochial, and charter schools in New York State. The region is known for its natural beauty, including Lake Ontario, the Genesee River (with three major waterfalls in Letchworth State Park), and the Finger Lakes region with its notable vineyards and wineries.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurances, healthcare and dependent care savings accounts.
Review of application materials will begin immediately and application materials will continue to be accepted until the position is filled. Interested candidates should apply online at jobs.brockport.edu and submit a cover letter, resume and the names, addresses and phone number of three professional references.
New York State Executive Order 161
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Diversity Statement
We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College’s commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.