Mechanical Engineer - Universal Creative
Job no: 525749
Work type: Full-time
Categories: Engineering, Universal Creative - Engineering
At Universal Creative, we design, develop and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable to drive growth for Universal Parks & Resorts worldwide. Our innovative attractions, immersive theme parks and world-class resorts fuse art and technology to create new standards in the themed entertainment industry.
Our Team Members are the driving force behind Universal Creative. With their diverse skills and forward-thinking ideas, our team pushes us beyond the boundaries of what’s possible to achieve the extraordinary. Together, we’re creating a Universe of fun, always ensuring the next thing we do is better than the last thing we did.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for monitoring and expediting the design and development of show and / or ride systems for a large multi-faceted theme park attraction(s) under contract with vendor(s). Provide insight, scheduling, and consultation services on behalf of Universal Creative core teams during all aspects of the progress of work.
- Manages installation, test and adjustment of show and ride systems to ensure compliance with contract specifications.
- Oversees contractor’s mock-up, prototype, and acceptance testing efforts to ensure results reflect the final installed system.
- Establishes quantitative requirements and specifications based on interpreting creative intent and employing Universal Specifications.
- Produces scopes of work and manage their progress from design through installation.
- Reviews designs and documentation from contractors ensuring compliance with contractual requirements and specifications.
- Leads design and production reviews at vendor locations ensuring product quality, specification conformance, and schedule accuracy.
- Develops and oversees project schedules and budgetary demands.
- Organizes, leads and participates in multi-system specifications.
SCOPE: Responsible for monitoring and expediting the design and development of show and / or ride systems for a large multi-faceted theme park attraction(s) under contract with vendor(s).
- Analytical Thinking, IBM PC Hardware, IBM PC Software, Microsoft Office, Programming, Project Management, Communicate Clearly w/ Team, Conceptual Thinking, Conduct presentations, Creativity, Current on industry trends, Flexibility, Negotiate, Organization skills, Research, Writing.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Other, explain: Ability to perform engineering calculations commensurate with Baccalaureate training in Mechanical engineering.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Preferred: theme park ride and/or show systems experience, general experience with Allen-Bradley or equivalent PLC hardware and software systems, and experience with fail-safe systems.
- Ability to organize and manage a complex series of tasks and vendor(s) to develop and implement show and ride control systems.
- Strengths in schedule analysis and management, contract management, and electrical contracting management are preferred.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree is required from a four year college or university in Mechanical Engineering. Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering is preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 Years: Required: Experience in the design, specification, implementation, testing, and commissioning of industrial systems; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Parks & Resorts via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Parks & Resorts HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Parks & Resorts. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Parks & Resorts as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. © 2019 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend