Job no: TS19-ANIMATIONS-GEN
Work type: Full Time
Location: Los Angeles
Categories: USH - Tech Services, Technical
The Animations Technician is to support the daily operations of the department by safely operating, maintaining, and inspecting the ride systems employed in the theme park, as well as all of the show quality elements such as show characters, show effects, ride vehicles, and other duties assigned within the Technical Services Department at Universal Studios Hollywood ("USH").
- Ensure ride system safety, show quality, operation and compliance of all rides, shows and effects in the park
- Respond and resolve maintenance issues that affect show quality of all characters, effects, and ride vehicles in a timely manner. Ensure the work is performed correctly and follows all approved procedures
- Communicate accurately and in a timely manner, matters which pertain to the operational status/readiness of all attractions and show venues to the Gang Boss and/or Foreman
- Support requests of all operating groups/departments within USH in a timely and professional manner
- Participate in skilled machining and processing of precision parts utilizing lathes, milling machines, shapers, drills and related equipment; set up and operate equipment to machine parts to specifications
- Maintains machines and equipment in safe, operating order. Makes repairs as appropriate or recommends when vendors should be contacted for servicing
- Study specifications such as blueprints, sketches, or descriptions of parts to be fabricated. Determine dimensions and tolerances of pieces to be machined, sequence of operations, and tools, materials and machines required.
- Associate’s degree (AA) from a two-year college/technical school in applicable discipline(s) or equivalent experience preferred.
- Ability & willingness to work a variety of schedules, overtime, weekends and holidays with short notice
- Ability and willingness to respond to incidents in locations requiring climbing, fall-protection, and other non-traditional work-environments.
ASQ certified quality inspector preferred or desire to obtain a CQI certification.
CWI -Certified weld inspector preferred or knowledge as weld inspector with the desire to obtain a CWI certification.
ASNT –Non-destructive test inspector Visual Levels I and II preferred, or desire to obtain a NDT certification.
Be able to read drawings measurements and call outs/ Evaluate purchased assets documentation, Measure process. performance, records data and prepare formal reports.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: Pacific Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend