The Director of Schools, Diocese of Wollongong, invites applications from suitably experienced educators for this significant leadership position at Corpus Christi Catholic High School, Oak Flats commencing January 2020.
In the Diocese of Wollongong, Principals are responsible for creating vibrant Catholic school communities where every student finds meaning and purpose in their life through experiencing continual growth in faith and improvement in learning. Applicants therefore require significant understanding, commitment and experience in faith and community leadership, capacity to lead learning and teaching as well as a commitment to continual school improvement.
ESSENTIAL SELECTION CRITERIA
To be considered for this position, you will be able to demonstrate you are an effective leader who:
- Models Catholic faith in action and evidences a deep understanding and commitment to the mission and purpose of the catholic school within the broader evangelising mission of the church
- Develops a culture of effective teaching and learning, by leading, designing and managing the quality of the educational experiences of all students
- Builds the capacity of staff within a professional, collaborative learning community through the provision of effective professional learning opportunities, regular feedback and performance management
- Manages innovation and change to ensure that the school’s vision and strategic plan for improvement are aligned, actioned and realised
- Displays clear understanding of governance responsibilities and ensures that school processes meet system, NESA and legislative requirements
- Recognises and builds on the uniqueness of the school, church and local community to develop a mutually supportive, collaborative and trusting relationship with stakeholders to ensure their engagement in the life of the school.
GENERAL CAPABILITIES applicable to the role:
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong organisational and delegation skills.
- Post-graduate study in a relevant discipline
- Accreditation for Senior Leadership in a Catholic School (Category E) in accordance with the ‘Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead in Systemic Catholic Schools in the Diocese of Wollongong’ policy.
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Please call Executive Assistant to the Head of Human Resource Services, Paula Vera on 02 4253 0957 before commencing your online application.
Applicants are to complete an online application which asks to briefly address the essential criteria (equivalent to 2 pages).
To confidentially discuss your application or general interest in this position please contact Carolyn Hadley, Head of Human Resource Services on 02 4253 0952.
To submit your application please select the 'Apply Now' button at the bottom of this advertisement.
Closing date: 18 November 2019 at 9am