A permanent full time position commencing 30 January 2024 for a Secondary or Primary trained Diverse Learning Teacher.
The position supports the learning and teaching of a class of students with a diagnosed mild‐moderate intellectual disability, and/or Autism, and/or other disability, that require intensive specialised interventions, in a Multicategorical Support Class. The Diverse Learning position works with students Years 7-12 in a variety of settings. This role will be responsible for working as part of a team to create a welcoming, safe and supportive learning environment conducive to meeting the particular learning needs of the students enrolled.
ESSENTIAL SELECTION CRITERIA
- Be an active and committed Catholic or demonstrate a willingness to support the ethos of the Catholic school.
- Have Special Education qualification and/or experience teaching in a specialised setting or a commitment to gaining qualifications in Special Education.
- Demonstrate an ability to provide appropriate intervention to meet the learning needs of students with particular diverse needs including students with a diagnosis of Autism.
- Demonstrate well-developed interpersonal skills, and an ability to work independently and part of a team to lead, mentor and work collaboratively with all support staff, teachers in regular classes, parents/caregivers and personnel from external agencies and the wider community.
- Have strong skills in the integration of Information and Communication Technologies in the learning process for students with diverse learning needs.
- Demonstrate an understanding of positive behavior approaches and an ability to develop and maintain a positive, innovative approach to support students with challenging behaviours.
- Show initiative and an ability to develop, implement and monitor quality personalised learning plans, including quality literacy and numeracy practices, that will enhance students’ ability to access the general curriculum.
- Be committed to ongoing personal and professional learning, formation and growth.
DESIRABLE SELECTION CRITERIA
- Show an understanding of Path to life: A Framework for Pastoral Care and Wellbeing (www.dow.catholic.edu.au under policies) based on the National Safe Schools Framework.
- Have the capacity to lead quality teaching practice, based on the Diocesan Learning and Teaching Framework (www.dow.catholic.edu.au under policies), and to design and implement quality individual education programs, including differentiating learning, to meet the needs of students with disabilities.
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Applicants are to complete an online application which asks to briefly address the essential criteria (equivalent to 2-3 pages) and submit a short CV (2-3 pages).
Closing date: 15 December 2023 at 8.30am