Superintendent Business Improvement
Job no: 492278
Work type: Full Time - NOVA
Categories: Commerce / Finance, Mining Operations
IGO is a fast growing, mid-tier Australian mining company with big aspirations to produce and explore. Our 100% owned Nova Operation in the Fraser Range is a world class underground mine and processing plant producing nickel, copper and cobalt –commodities that are significant in the world’s drive for clean energy. Exploration is core to IGO's DNA and we are actively pursuing brownfield and large greenfield exploration programs run by one of the best in-house geological technical teams in the country.
At IGO, our people are important to us. We are investing in training and development to create empowered employees. Together with a working environment where people are bold, passionate, fearless and fun we are building a smarter, kinder, more innovative company. We believe in a world where people power makes amazing things happen and we are here to make a difference! IGO are working towards a culture that enjoys their work life balance and therefore very interested to hear from people interested in a job share / part time job opportunity. If this is you please include in your cover letter or CV what ‘flexible work option’ you are seeking.
OUR CAREER OPPORTUNITY
We are looking for an experienced Business Improvement Superintendent to join our Nova Operation. Reporting to the Commercial Manager, this newly budgeted permanent position will be offered on an 8:6 FIFO roster from Perth. The successful applicant will be required to develop and implement business improvement methodologies, assisting the departments to identify and effectively resolve problems resulting in measurable and sustainable business improvement.
Key accountabilities for this role include:
- Develop and implement appropriate monthly reports and tracking of Business improvement initiatives;
- Identify, lead and participate in projects to improve the effectiveness of the operations;
- Facilitate projects and workshops to teach improvement skills, coaching, training and mentoring a team of selected staff to identify and manage business improvement projects;
- Identify, plan, develop and manage budgets for activities and capital expenditure in area of responsibility to approved schedule and budget;
- Work closely and collaborate with other IGO personnel within the immediate team and across the business;
- Champion excellence and leadership in creating a positive safety culture and actively participate in supporting the Company’s objectives, policies, procedures, safe work practices, and relevant Acts and Regulations in New Business; and
- Continuous endeavours to implement methods to improve efficiency, safety and expenditure savings.
To be successful in this role, you will require:
- Significant experience in an underground mining environment;
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant technical field;
- Extensive experience using business improvement methodologies and processes;
- Proven team leadership skills gained within an ongoing culture of change;
- Current Senior First Aid certificate;
- Demonstrated experience as a strong communicator, influencer, planner with analytical capability;
- A proven history of identifying and implementing continuous improvement projects; and
- A maturity and depth of experience that allows you to resolve conflicts in a straight-forward manner that benefits all stakeholders.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend