Organizational Excellence Consultant
Job no: 512622
Work type: Administrative & Professional
Senior management: Vice President for Business Affairs
Department: Organizational Excellence
Location: Blacksburg Area
Categories: Business / Accounting / Finance, Executive / Director / Management
The Organizational Excellence Consultant is responsible for managing a wide variety of consulting projects, including but not limited to, those involving strategic planning, organizational and operational assessment, performance and productivity improvement, organizational development, organizational design, change management, and other organizational transformation efforts. The Consultant supports senior consultants within the Organizational Excellence practice and assumes primary accountability for the delivery of high quality and timely consulting services to the client. The Consultant creates project plans and drafts client materials and deliverables. The Consultant has excellent organizational and project management skills with the ability to simultaneously oversee multiple projects and delivery deadlines. Additionally, the Consultant performs as a day-to-day point person for Senior Consultants on project matters including: executing recommended solutions and approaches to resolving project needs; facilitating project teams, ensuring that projects are delivered on time; and supporting the delivery of timely and high-quality services. The Consultant demonstrates ability to operate effectively at multiple levels of the organization.
The critical success factors for this position include the following: effectively organized, strong team focus, business acumen, critical thinking and problem solving, communication and influence, collaborative approach, adaptability and flexibility in thinking and management of work and relationships, managing multiple priorities simultaneously, initiative and independent thought leadership, relationship building, and strong written and oral communication abilities.
• Master’s degree in business, organizational psychology, systems engineering, or closely aligned field; or a combination of training and education equivalent to an advanced degree
• Experience in an individual contributor role in relevant consulting or corporate environments demonstrating the leadership, facilitation, project management skills and other capabilities required of a Consultant. Comfort with change management and business process redesign.
• Demonstrated experience in business or strategy consulting, organizational development and design, or organizational effectiveness. Equivalent experience will be considered.
• Demonstrated strategic and critical thinking and effective problem-solving in ambiguous situations, project organization and management skills
• Strong facilitation and presentation experiences, and ability to effectively manage group dynamics and conflict.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively navigate client challenges and situations, cultures and needs. Strong business acumen.
• Excellent written and communication skills with a proven ability to positively influence diverse audiences through use of intellect, excellent analytical skill and ability to develop creative business solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective and collaborative relationships with both colleagues and clients.
• Demonstrated ability in project management, develop staff and participation in practice development contributions.
• Master’s degree preferred.
• Experience with higher education preferred.
This search is intended to fill two restricted positions; continuation of these roles will be subject to business need and the availability of funds.
While the posting will remain open until both positions are filled; priority will be given to candidate submissions received by February 15, 2020.
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend