Postdoctoral Associate CY CAST
Job no: 513735
Work type: Research Faculty
Senior management: College of Engineering
Department: Mining and Minerals Engineering
Location: Blacksburg Area
The Department of Mining & Minerals Engineering at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Virginia Tech) invites applications for a postdoctoral associate position. The successful applicant is expected to play an active role in the department’s research on rare earth element and critical material processing as well as other initiatives in process modeling, techno-economic optimization, and recycling.
- PhD in engineering (by Aug. 1, 2020), and at least one degree in mining engineering, minerals engineering, metallurgical engineering, or a related field. PhD must have been received within the last four years to be eligible.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to manage people and work well on a diverse team.
- Excellent work ethic, time management, and organizational skill.
- A commitment to safe work practices in the laboratory and field.
- Occasional travel to conferences and meetings is required.
- A criminal conviction check.
- Practical knowledge and experience in hydrometallurgical operations.
- Prior experience in Rare Earth Element processing
- Demonstrated expertise in dynamic process modeling, process design, and techno-economic analysis.
- Credentials and characteristics that show a trajectory toward future employment as a tenure-track faculty at a research intensive institution.
- PE or EIT Designation.
$50,000 or commensurate with experience
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Annie Lawrence at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend