Associate Coordinating Editor
Job no: 514548
Work type: Staff
Senior management: College of Science
Location: Blacksburg Area
Categories: Communications / Public Relations / Marketing, Research / Scientific
Prof. T. Daniel Crawford, incoming Deputy Editor of the Journal of Physical Chemistry A, seeks candidates for the position of Associate Coordinating Editor (ACE). The successful applicant will have a major role in the management of Prof. Crawford's editorial office, including handling the peer review process, communication for and production of special journal issues, oversight of manuscript processing of a team of senior editors, handling of decision appeals by authors, etc. Candidates should have strong writing and communication skills, a background in chemistry (including physical chemistry), and excellent time and task management proficiency.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, in scientific and business matters
• Ability to work with a diverse group of editors, editorial assistants, reviewers, and scientific authors in a highly professional environment
• Ability to work independently with good task organizational skills for timely accomplishment of activities
• Strong technical computer skills
• Bachelor's degree in chemistry or physics and/or equivalent experience
• Experience with the scientific peer review process as an author reviewer
• A background in physical chemistry or comparable experience, equivalent to a Ph.D.
• Publication of scientific articles as author or co-author
• Experience as an independent researcher
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Brandi Webb at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend