Apply now Back to search results
Job no: 520219
Work type: Staff
Senior management: Vice President for Student Affairs
Department: SECL - Squires Student Center
Location: Blacksburg - Main Campus
Categories: Recreation / Event, Program/Project Management
To serve as a consultant for events requested/reserved in Student Engagement and Campus Life (SECL) managed spaces and Campus Common Space (outdoor and public spaces). Coordinates the processing of requests for approval of events that include any liability concerns with university support offices, as well as local, county, and state agencies. Works a flexible schedule to support special events in the Chapel and large-scale ticketing initiatives (front of house) as needed. Provides front-line customer service support to the Event Services Office (answering phones, selling tickets, etc.). Primary support contact for the Campus Common Space event requests and process. Provides support to the EMS Web App as directed.
• High School Diploma, or GED
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced office independently managing multiple assignments, prioritizing, and meeting deadlines
• Proficient computer skills such as electronic mail, scheduling, word processing, and spreadsheets
• Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact respectfully and comfortably with all individuals in a diverse, multicultural environment.
• Previous experience successfully coordinating and scheduling events in either a high volume/face paced or higher education/student affairs environment.
• Experience working with and/or supervising college students
• Demonstrated knowledge of event scheduling equivalent to Event Management Systems software (EMS), or CollegeNet’s software (25Live)
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check, a valid driver's license, and a safe driving record.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Kathy Flint at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend