Apply now Back to search results
Job no: 520528
Work type: Staff
Senior management: Vice President for Research
Department: FLSI Operations
Location: Blacksburg - Main Campus, Hybrid
Categories: Administrative / Clerical
Reporting to the executive director, the executive assistant manages and prioritizes the executive director’s complex schedule; remains in regular communication with the executive director, FLSI leadership team, other VT contacts and relevant visitors to facilitate their interactions. Provides support for initiatives of the executive director, plans and schedules meetings, special projects and events. Screens and manages correspondence, inquiries, and reports by routing to relevant parties in a timely and accurate manner. Responsible for the tracking and follow-up of all meetings, projects, and items requiring special attention by the executive director. Manages domestic and international travel arrangements, including organizing meeting/conference details, making all travel arrangements, completing expense reimbursements and all other travel related matters. Manages and supports the office of the executive director and the leadership team by planning and scheduling meetings, coordinating travel, and preparing and files correspondence and documentation. This position serves as coordinator of FLSI’s Stakeholders Committee, and other special projects and events related to or attended by the executive director, senior administrators and other high-level official designees. Supervises and manages front desk operations and provides administrative suite office administrative oversight and support at Steger Hall.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience and training.
- Significant experience in complex calendar management.
- Experience providing high level administrative support to senior administrators and/or executives
- Demonstrated project coordination and management experience.
- Experience with event coordination and execution.
- Experience utilizing various computer applications in the preparation of professional reports, presentations and graphics.
- Excellent time management skills, and demonstrated ability to work independently and delegation of workload to others.
- Must be highly organized, detailed-oriented and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Must maintain confidentiality in all matters.
- Must anticipate deadlines and be able to meet strict deadlines ahead of schedule if needed.
- Must have strong communication and excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision and use sound judgment in decision-making to ensure critical information is obtained and shared with appropriate persons.
- CPS, CAP or other related professional certification.
- Experience in writing and editing administrative documents.
- Experience providing administrative support in a research and/or academic environment; specifically working with researchers and other faculty.
- Experience with supervision of two or more direct reports
Commensurate with experience
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Erin Cassidy at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend