Postdoctoral Associate, Advanced Research Institute
Apply now Back to search results
Job no: 520592
Work type: Research Faculty
Senior management: College of Engineering
Department: Advanced Research Institute
Location: Virginia Tech Research Center – Arlington
Categories: Engineering, Research / Scientific
Virginia Tech Advanced Research Institute (ARI) and the Bradley Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering invite applications for a postdoctoral associate. The applicant will mainly work on proposal writing, conducting research and assisting faculty and graduate students with research in the areas of electric power, alternate energy, smart grid and artificial intelligence (AI) applications focused on electrical energy domains. The successful candidate will support the director of ARI and help coordinate related research efforts at partner institutions, as well as supporting program development and identification of new research funding opportunities.
- Ph.D. in electrical engineering or computer science or related field. Ph.D. must be awarded no more than four years prior to the effective date of appointment with a minimum of one year eligibility remaining.
- Specialization experience in several of the following areas: Modeling, simulation, validation and verification of power systems; Distributed energy resources and micro-grid; Distributed simulation of electrical networks on power systems; Artificial intelligence and machine learning applications; and Cyber-physical systems focused on energy domains.
- Possesses an understanding of the technical issues associated with interconnecting intermittent renewable energy sources.
- Ability to develop sponsored research proposals.
- Ability to take ownership of a project, and good analytical and communications skills.
- Prior proven successful research experience and functional knowledge of toolboxes used in electric power system research.
Virginia Tech Advanced Research Institute in Arlington, VA
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Ganchimeg Darambazar at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend