Apply now Back to search results
Job no: 521313
Work type: Hourly Wage/Part-Time
Senior management: Vice President for Research
Department: FLSI Operations
Location: Fully Remote
Categories: Business / Accounting / Finance
Reporting to the Assistant Director, Finance, the Fiscal Technician will support the administrative, financial, and research functions of the Institute. Areas of responsibility include purchasing and reimbursement activities, receiving, travel processing, service center billing and support for FLSI onboarding functions. The Fiscal Technician ensures appropriate separation of duties, internal controls, and compliance with federal, state, local, university, and department policies and regulations.
• Experience working in a business office environment, performing purchasing, travel support, accounts payable or receivable, or other bookkeeping activities.
• Experience using virtual communication technologies and cloud-based file storage systems such as OneDrive and Google Drive.
• Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize work while achieving deadlines.
• Ability to work with sensitive information.
• Ability to work independently.
• Proficiency with computer applications such as Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Experience with financial systems such as Banner, Chrome River and/or HokieMart.
• Working knowledge of university and state policies and procedures.
$21-$27/hour - commensurate with experience
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Erin Cassidy at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend