Senior Manager (Facilities Management)
Job no: 537188
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Building and Estate Management
The Singapore Aviation Academy (SAA) was established in 1958 as the training arm of the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS). It implements training programmes, which conform to ICAO's standards and recommended practices, to meet both national and international needs for both operational and top-level management personnel. The Academy strives to stay at the forefront of developments by forging alliances with reputable aviation organisations and institutions worldwide.
There are 4 schools in SAA, namely, the School of Aviation Management, School of Aviation Safety & Security, School of Air Traffic Services, and School of Airport Emergency Services.
In the Facilities Management (FM) team, you will be responsible to maintain the various premises that support the core training business of Singapore Aviation Academy (SAA). This is a management position and you will be leading the in-house FM team.
SAA will be undergoing some development works and you will be involved in the large scale Additions and Alterations (A&A) project, especially in the aspects of ICT infrastructure provision, project implementation and maintenance. You will work closely with CAAS related divisions and stakeholders to ensure works are completed safely, promptly and of the highest quality.
You will also be involved in the planning, execution, smooth running and maintenance of Singapore Aviation Academy various training simulators that will be situated within the SAA Main Campus (SAA Main), and Selarang Fire Training Ground (SFTG) and temporary holding site.
There will be physical infrastructure improvement projects, maintenance contracts and various day to day coordination with contractors, other teams in International Relations Group (IRG), as well as colleagues from CAAS.
For this specific role, you will lead in the planning, implementation and governance of:
- ICT infrastructure to ensure technological learning platforms and contribute to IT programming of the various building and simulator systems.
- School of Airport Emergency Services (SchAES) various new and existing indoor and outdoor simulators
- Demand Aggregate Term Contract for CAAS wide maintenance contracts covering the wide range of support services. The work will include project and scope definition, budget approval, procurement, government tender/quotation, contract management and final accounts/capitalisation.
- Improvement and ad hoc projects, as and when needed
- Related day to day operations to ensure smooth running to support training courses
- Events and other related ad hoc logistics
- Security and Emergency evacuation
As the lead of the SAA FM team, the wide range of work include cleaning, horticulture, custodial building maintenance, minor repair works, landscaping, pest control, air conditioning systems, training computers and aids, security services, security systems, key access, fire-fighting equipment and emergency procedures etc. For premises and scope under your care, you will manage contractors to ensure all project and maintenance services are performed to the highest performance standards.
- Trained in Estate Management, Engineering (Civil Engineering, Mechanical or Electrical), Information Communications or any other relevant degrees
- At least 5 to 10 years of working experience with years relevant technical working experience dealing with facilities management, ICT infrastructure, systems design, or external and internal building facility issues, and possess good project management skills. Working experience and knowledge in SMART building automation systems and processes will be an advantage.
- Self-motivated, driven, resourceful, a good team player and ability to multi-task
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong conceptual and analytical thinking skills
- Knowledge in Public Sector procurement, Green Mark Certification, AutoCAD, Maya, Photoshop or other related software will be an advantage
* Note: SAA is located at 1 Aviation Drive, Singapore 499867 (near Changi Village)
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Application close: Singapore Standard Time