Nav & Waterway Mgmt Tech II
Apply now Job No: 493470
Location: Marble Falls, TX
Categories: Operations/Maintenance (Power, Water, Transmission, Telecom)
The LCRA’s Water Surface Management group is looking for a Navigation and Waterway Management Technician who will assist in water safety operations on seven LCRA managed lakes and downstream dams on the Colorado River. Duties include deploying buoys and barrier float security systems using a boat mounted crane and ensure they are proper maintained. The Technician will also perform water hazard management activities such as boat dock inventories, removal of hazards to navigation, removal and dismantling of docks, and assisting other departments with waterborne activities. Technician level 1 or 2 will be assigned based on the candidate’s experience.
Our ideal candidate will have a strong river, sea or military experience working in all types of weather and water conditions. Must be able to handle boats up to 28 feet in length during extremely swift water and flood debris conditions. Highly proficient in waterway rules. Demonstrates experience in operating hydraulic crane equipment, and knowledge of rigging using wire rope and poly rope while waterborne. Taking initiative, being a team player, and following all safety, environmental and departmental policies, and procedures is highly desired. As a member of this team, you will have the opportunity to travel within the LCRA service area to various work sites (overnight travel accommodations provided as needed). You will work with a skilled team and receive valuable training through on-the-job experiences and training. Work location will be the Western Maintenance Facility, in Marble Falls, Texas
What you will do:
- Installs and maintains water safety buoys in accordance with the Navigation and Waterway Management plan.
- Maintains equipment and orders materials and supplies following approved Supply Management policies and procedures. - Inspects hazards reported through navigation complaints. Tracks, identifies and removes hazards to navigation. - Assists with determining appropriate placement of water safety buoys, considering water depth, boating traffic, topography and boating accident history as well as input from the public and local law enforcement agencies. - Assists with the removal and dismantling of dilapidated docks. - Serves as boat operator in support of boat dock inventories. - Performs work by traveling independently or with a small crew to locations as scheduled
What qualifications you must have:
- Four or more years of experience in boat operation, trailering and hydraulic crane operation
- Driver's License - State of Texas approved Boater Education Certification
What qualifications it would be nice for you to have:
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary & medical, dental, vision and legal insurance
- 401(k) match up to 8%
- Paid time off, sick leave and disability benefits
- Wellness program including wellness incentive
- Extensive learning & development program
And more - all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
LCRA provides equal employment opportunities and a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at LCRA are based on business need, job requirement and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal and state legal requirements governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Advertised: Central Standard Time 2/10/2021
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend