Security Officer I
Apply now Job No: 493538
Location: Austin, TX 78744
Categories: Security/Law Enforcement
LCRA Public Safety is looking for a Public Safety Security Officer I, who is a team player and very customer service oriented. Our ideal candidate will strive for excellence in all areas of their work and exemplify LCRA’s values of focusing on service, taking initiative, showing respect, operating with integrity and focusing on safety. As our Public Safety Security Officer I, you will secure premises and personnel by patrolling property and inspecting buildings. Utilizing your keen attention to your surroundings, you will ensure that access points and entry ways are safe and secure. This is a great opportunity for you to provide a service of protecting people and maintaining safety. If you are looking to work in a great company with amazing benefits, training and being part of our mission to enhance the lives of Central Texans, then this is the job for you!
What you will do:
- Performs security patrols at assigned LCRA facility and/or stands assigned post to detect and prevent crime.
- Assists police officers with the apprehension of suspects and other emergencies. Arrests under limited circumstances (felonies or breaches of the peace). - Assists individuals with special needs and escorts employees and visitors as requested. - Assists emergency medical personnel as needed. Responds to calls for service, calls for assistance, and special assignments. - Reports security violations and equipment failures and other security or safety related situations to supervisor. - Operates electronic security equipment (i.e., CCTV, video recorders, card access, 2-way radios and alarm equipment). - Assists in conducting investigations and writes reports on accidents, incidents, suspicious activities, safety and fire hazards and other security related situations. Assists in conducting investigations and writes reports on accidents, incidents, suspicious activities, safety and fire hazards and other security related situations. - Performs special assignments. - Provides elevated level of security response and incident reporting as required for Critical Infrastructure sites and to comply with North American Electric Reliability Council (NERC) mandated standards. - Assists dispatch and enforces visitor and contract badge procedures. May provide field training to Security Officer Project employee incumbents.
What qualifications you must have:
- For Regular positions:
- Successful completion of project position field training program - Driver's license - Texas Private Security Board Level III Security Officer commission - -Texas Crime Information Center/National Crime Information Center (TCIC/NCIC) CJP certification - Current certification in Basic First Aid and CPR - Requires successful completion of new hire/annual fitness for duty examination upon hire, and annually thereafter - Successful completion of new hire and periodic Public Safety departmental background check - For Project positions: - Driver's license with good record - Obtains Texas Private Security Board Level III Security Officer commission. - Successfully completes training in the use of incident reporting software - Successfully completes Security Academy training - Successfully completes all firearms qualifications per departmental standards, including shotgun qualification and long gun qualification - Successfully completes ASP Baton training and OC Pepper Spray training - Successfully completes ICS 100 Incident Command training and passes exam - Obtains Texas Crime Information Center/National Crime Information Center (TCIC/NCIC) CJP certification. - Obtains certifications in Basic First Aid and CPR - Requires successful completion of fitness for duty examination upon hire, and annually thereafter - Successful completion of new hire and periodic Public Safety departmental background check
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary & medical, dental, vision and legal insurance
- 401(k) match up to 8%
- Paid time off, sick leave and disability benefits
- Wellness program including wellness incentive
- Extensive learning & development program
And more - all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
LCRA provides equal employment opportunities and a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at LCRA are based on business need, job requirement and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal and state legal requirements governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Advertised: Central Standard Time 12/09/2020
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend