Apply now Job No: 493545
Location: Austin, TX 78703
Categories: Safety (Industrial)
The Lower Colorado River Authority is looking for an Industrial Hygienist to join our team. The Industrial Hygienist will assist leadership to resolve health issues by identifying risks and by implementing policies and programs to mitigate these. This role requires a balance of analytical skills and leadership, since you will often work closely with management to provide reports and make recommendations to improve environmental quality. The ideal candidate will be skilled in building productive relationships, have excellent attention to detail and be an effective communicator. As a member of this team, you will have the opportunity to travel across Texas and perform work in a variety of environments. Our ideal candidate will strive for excellence in all areas of her/his work and exemplify LCRA’s values of focusing on service, taking initiative, showing respect, operating with integrity and focusing on safety.
What you will do:
• Provide industrial hygiene support to the organization by anticipating, recognizing, evaluating and controlling workplace hazards and exposures through quantitative and qualitative surveys.
• Advise and collaborate with management to resolve occupational health issues. • Create and execute studies to monitor and assess employees' exposure to health risks, and to measure effectiveness of occupational health programs, policies and procedures. • Evaluate ventilation needs and requirements used to control employee exposures. • Oversee medical monitoring programs. • Collect, assess and analyze research data resulting from various different survey and assessments including, but not limited to: indoor air quality assessments and dust exposures assessments for toxic metals, fumes, dusts and chemicals. • Summarize statistics and provide compiling reports. • Conduct regular audits of programs. • Maintain current knowledge of occupational health and safety legislation and regulatory and standard industry practices • Work on specialized projects as assigned. • Serve as a key resource related to COVID-19 pandemic response, augmenting the efforts of the current response partnership team.
What qualifications you must have:
- Nine or more years of experience in industrial hygiene.
- A degree(s) in industrial hygiene, safety engineering, industrial technology, chemistry, physics, biology, environmental or relevant field may be substituted per LCRA guidelines for certain years of experience - Driver's license
What qualifications it would be nice for you to have:
• Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or related field.
• Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) certification. • 3+ years’ work experience in similar role. • Proficient knowledge of relevant laws, policies and procedures. • Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. • Proficient computer skills. • Outstanding people skills. • Proficient organizational skills. • Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks. • Forward thinking
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary & medical, dental, vision and legal insurance
- 401(k) match up to 8%
- Paid time off, sick leave and disability benefits
- Wellness program including wellness incentive
- Extensive learning & development program
And more - all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
LCRA provides equal employment opportunities and a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at LCRA are based on business need, job requirement and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal and state legal requirements governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Advertised: Central Standard Time 12/15/2020
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend