Apply now Job No: 493546
Location: Bay City, TX
City: Bay City
Categories: Operations/Maintenance (Power, Water, Transmission, Telecom)
Works as a team member of a regional pump crew to operate and maintain pumping plants, relifts, irrigation
dams and water wells in Colorado, Wharton and Matagorda counties for a large industrial irrigation operation. Operates equipment, troubleshoots, performs routine maintenance on equipment and facilities and completes daily written documentation. Maintains communication with the River Operations Control Center (ROCC) and Hydro Operations Control Center (HOCC) regarding river levels and changes in river conditions. During irrigation season may work independently with minimal supervision.
- Operates, maintains and monitors irrigation pumps using manual and SCADA system controls, as
required. Performs pump overhauls involving disassembly, inspection, repair, and reassembly to ensure efficient operations. - Maintains facilities, irrigation dams, buildings, electric motors and switchgear by performing painting, concrete, plumbing, electrical, piping, welding, carpentry and mowing tasks, as required. - Coordinates water orders with pumping demand to determine the most efficient pump combination. Calculates, adjusts and controls water demand levels to manage customer orders. Determines and sets return flows to meet system demands. - Completes daily operations logs, routine reports and charts. Prepares and maintains documentation of records and logs to include hourly readings, plant alarms, equipment availability and trouble reports. - Operates handheld manual tools and power tools (e.g., rock saws and cut-off saws) in performing repair and maintenance tasks. - Operates and transports heavy equipment (e.g., backhoe, dump truck, small excavator and large excavator) in performing repair and maintenance tasks. - Ensures equipment is maintained and makes arrangements for major repairs and overhaul as needed
What you will do:
- Knowledge in the assembly and installation of mechanical equipment
- Knowledge of cutting and welding procedures - Knowledge of hydrologic measurement procedures - Knowledge of materials used in construction and maintenance - Knowledge of rigging equipment and its safe use - Knowledge of SCADA concepts and systems - Knowledge of operation and maintenance of heavy equipment - Skill in use of precision measurement instruments and hand tools, such as micrometers, calipers, feeler gauges, and alignment equipment - Skill in the use of handheld manual and power tools - Skill in heavy equipment operation - Intermediate skill in reading and interpreting diagrams and prints - Skill in planning, scheduling, prioritizing and coordinating work within assigned work area - Skill in communicating effectively with team members, supervision / management and external organizations under normal and emergency conditions - Skill in articulating technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences - Skill in performing basic mathematical calculations for reconciling water orders and water demand levels - Ability to work alone and make decisions that maintain pumping rates and efficiencies - Ability to follow written guidelines and procedures for pump operation and maintenance Physical Demands: - Work involves frequent finger/hand manipulation in using a keyboard, mouse, hand tools and operating equipment - Work involves climbing, crawling, crouching or other non-sitting positions in performing visual checks and maintenance tasks less than 20% of the time - Work involves frequent standing and/or walking in performing visual checks and maintenance tasks - Work involves occasional sitting - Lifts and carries up to 50 pounds in performing pump and motor overhauls, and maintenance tasks less than 20% of the time - Pushes or pulls up to 100 pounds in performing pump and motor overhauls, and maintenance tasks less than 20% of the time
What qualifications you must have:
- Four or more years of experience in mechanical installation, maintenance and/or repair, including at least two years of experience with electric motors.
- Class A Texas commercial driver's license or equivalent from another state
What qualifications it would be nice for you to have:
Electrical and Mechanical background
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary & medical, dental, vision and legal insurance
- 401(k) match up to 8%
- Paid time off, sick leave and disability benefits
- Wellness program including wellness incentive
- Extensive learning & development program
And more - all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
LCRA provides equal employment opportunities and a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at LCRA are based on business need, job requirement and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal and state legal requirements governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Advertised: Central Standard Time 12/22/2020
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend