Control System Administrator Sr
Apply now Job No: 493557
Location: Buchanan Dam, TX
City: Buchanan Dam
Categories: Operations/Maintenance (Power, Water, Transmission, Telecom)
At a senior level, provides operating system, software, hardware and equipment support for one or more control or data acquisition systems, associated ancillary systems and servers in areas such as design, development, user administration, configuration, deployment, installation, tuning, monitoring, maintenance and updating. Serves as a key contributor in managing control system incidents, problems and anomalies including recognition, analysis and resolution. This position utilizes in-depth knowledge of best practices and experience in own discipline to provide and improve services. Takes a new perspective to solve complex problems. Works independently and receives minimal guidance. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. May direct the work of other staff members.
What you will do:
· Designs, develops, tests and implements new hardware applications, software applications, databases and system displays for the graphical user interface. Performs configuration management for implementation of new code in control systems.
· Maintains and updates hardware applications, software applications, databases and system displays for the graphical user interface. Writes software code to perform real-time calculations for daily operations. Monitors control systems, ancillary systems and servers related to disk space, node failures and error logs. Monitors and maintains control system security. · Designs, determines and calculates data storage, retention and archiving requirements for control system relational database management systems and other databases based on requirements from operations and staff. · Performs user administration and support for control systems and associated ancillary systems, such as remote access devices and multifactor authentication servers. · Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions. Develops and implements back-up procedures for all control system data and system recoveries from failures and catastrophic failures or events on control systems and related devices. · Ensures data/media recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations. · Serves as a key contributor in managing control system incidents, problems and anomalies including recognition, analysis and resolution. Performs root cause analysis, controls change management and utilizes effective communication practices. Makes recommendations for new projects to resolve issues associated with assigned area of expertise. · Monitors control systems for availability and performance. Performs status reporting for reliability and availability of system related resources though use of scripts, server logging and reporting tools. · Develops, documents and communicates control system procedures and related information. · Supports operations staff by providing control system data for their analysis and investigations. Supports operations staff by defining data collections on control systems. Performs complex analysis for operations staff related to control systems. · Ensures control systems are compliant with NERC, FERC and LCRA SCADA standards and regulations. Conducts hardware and software audits of workstations and servers on a routine basis to ensure compliance with established standards, policies and configuration guidelines. · Provides advanced support for control system failures during standard business and non-business hours.
What qualifications you must have:
- Nine or more years of experience in providing troubleshooting, configuration, administration and support for software applications, including five or more years in mission critical system administration.
- A degree(s) in computer science, information technology or relevant field may be substituted per LCRA guidelines for certain years of experience.
What qualifications it would be nice for you to have:
Experience in providing support in the automation field
Experience in Dams and Hydroelectric generation Experience configuring and programing Allen Bradley ControlLogix controllers Experience configuring and designing WonderWare HMIs Experience configuring virtual environments Experience configuring network equipment and knowledge of communication protocols Experience with industrial control system integration Knowledge of industrial control systems and equipment (e.g. servers, switches, thin clients, PLCs, HMIs, software, instrumentation, sensors, actuators, machine control, etc.) ISA CAP certification
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary & medical, dental, vision and legal insurance
- 401(k) match up to 8%
- Paid time off, sick leave and disability benefits
- Wellness program including wellness incentive
- Extensive learning & development program
And more - all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
LCRA provides equal employment opportunities and a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at LCRA are based on business need, job requirement and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal and state legal requirements governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Advertised: Central Standard Time 1/05/2021
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend