Solution Architect Lead
Apply now Job No: 493566
Location: Austin, TX 78703
Categories: Information Technology/Cyber
At an expert level, provides primary technical leadership for all aspects of solution delivery, including vendor
selection, application evaluation and selection, network design, and enterprise integration solutions. Works with Digital Services and the Information Security Office to ensure that all aspects of technical solutions are delivered with high quality, and conformant to technology standards. This position requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise. Interprets business issues and recommends best practices. Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations.
What you will do:
• Identifies key business problems and facilitates meaningful requirements specifications; transforms
• requirements into a set of architecture and design documents to be executed by the Digital Services • Solutions team. • Works with business stakeholders, Digital Services and ISO to ensure solutions solve business • problems, while conforming to appropriate standards, providing a superior user experience, and allowing • ongoing, quality technical support. • Recommends best practices and innovative solutions to solve complex problems. Acts as a key • facilitator of Digital Services modernization. • Champions development of enterprise architecture governance. • Designs, documents, and communicates system architecture for complex solutions, presenting both • broad and detailed views digestible by various audiences. • Troubleshoots entire hardware and software stack and provides highest level of support for all hardware • and software components. • Coordinates installation and implementation activities with LCRA and third-party vendors. • Mentors less senior staff members.
What qualifications you must have:
Twelve or more years of experience supporting IT systems hardware and software with two or more focused on architecture and design.
A degree(s) in computer science, mathematics or relevant field may be substituted per LCRA guidelines for certain years of experience.
What qualifications it would be nice for you to have:
Bachelor's degree in computer science or mathematics
Experience as part of an Enterprise Architecture governance team
Knowledge of network technologies, such as: physical, switching, and routing technologies, TCP/IP
Knowledge of infrastructure support technologies, such as: DNS, DHCP, Load Balancers, Wan Accelerators
Knowledge of virtualization and compute platforms, such as: Converged / hyper-converged servers
Knowledge of SAN and storage platforms. - Knowledge of Operating Systems such as: Windows Server and Linux.
Knowledge of software development platforms such as: .Net, Java, TSQL, PL-SQL, PowerShell
Knowledge of Security technologies, such as: IPS / IDS, Firewalls
Enjoys researching and prototyping
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary & medical, dental, vision and legal insurance
- 401(k) match up to 8%
- Paid time off, sick leave and disability benefits
- Wellness program including wellness incentive
- Extensive learning & development program
And more - all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
LCRA provides equal employment opportunities and a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at LCRA are based on business need, job requirement and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal and state legal requirements governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Advertised: Central Standard Time 1/11/2021
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend