Substation Electrician I
Apply now Job No: 496677
Location: Austin, TX 78732
Categories: Other, Operations/Maintenance (Power, Water, Transmission, Telecom)
LCRA is looking for a Substation Electrician to join our team that builds the crucial infrastructure of Central Texas. This role's workplace will be in the phenomenal Texas outdoors. As a member of our construction team, you will have the opportunity to travel across Central Texas to various work sites (with travel accommodations provided). You will work with a skilled team and receive valuable training through on-the-job experiences as well as set training curriculum. If you are looking to work your way up in a great company that provides for the local community, for amazing benefits and training and to be part of our mission to enhance the lives of Central Texans, this is the job for you!
You will be trusted to:
*Assists other more experienced personnel with constructing electrical substations.
*Assists in the assembly and installation of all substation equipment to make operational. *Assists with layout work using blueprints and other specifications. *Assists in the maintenance and/or building of electrical structures, including high-voltage structures. *Depending upon assigned area, may be required to climb up to heights of 100 feet to perform such duties. *May dig ditches, use pavement breakers or be responsible for other manual labor tasks, as necessary. *Performs work by traveling independently or with a small crew to various locations (substations, power plants, etc.) as scheduled. *Operates handheld manual tools and power tools in performing electrical tasks.
You qualify with:
- Zero or more years of experience in maintenance and/or construction of electrical power generation, transmission, distribution, substation and control equipment, and/or other types of electrical equipment, including experience reading blueprints.
- Class A Texas commercial driver's license or equivalent from another state required for incumbents with heavy equipment operation and transportation responsibilities.
You are a great fit with:
*Class A CDL
*Construction background *Successful experience with project-based work. *Diverse experience or knowledge of different field utility functions including systems controls and protective relaying, substation equipment maintenance, equipment diagnostics and commissioning, project management, substation engineering or design.
- Competitive salary & medical, dental, vision and legal insurance
- Paid time off, including time for vacation, sick and family care leave
- 401(k) match up to 8% that includes a student loan 401(k) contribution program option
- Life and disability insurance
- Wellness program including wellness incentive
- Extensive learning & development programs
And more - all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
LCRA provides equal employment opportunities and a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at LCRA are based on business need, job requirement and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal and state legal requirements governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time 8/12/2022
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend