ERCOT Regulatory Analyst
Apply now Job No: 497715
Location: Austin, TX 78703
Categories: Government Affairs/Regulatory, Hybrid
Are you familiar with the ERCOT electricity market and enjoy working with people? Then this is the role for you! At LCRA, we are looking for an ERCOT Regulatory Analyst to join our team. As part of LCRA's ERCOT Regulatory team, your expertise will contribute to the development of LCRA's policy positions and advocacy efforts in the ERCOT stakeholder process. We are seeking someone who thrives on solving complex problems with innovative solutions. We are a team that exists to serve our internal stakeholders. Your dedication to service and skills in articulating complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences will make you an ideal candidate for this role.
LCRA offers a community-focused vision to improve the lives of Central Texans. You will enjoy outstanding benefits, training, and growth opportunities to build on your career. LCRA offers a work-life balance that currently includes a hybrid work model. When in office, enjoy a beautiful on-site location that is across the street from Lake Austin!
You will be trusted to:
- Assist in the development and coordination of LCRA’s policy positions and supports LCRA’s advocacy at ERCOT.
- Provide regular reports on ERCOT activities to internal stakeholders in Regulatory Affairs, Legal, Transmission, and Wholesale Power. - Track and assign revision requests filed at ERCOT to internal subject matter experts; assists in managing monthly meetings to discuss new and pending revision requests and other ERCOT-related issues; and coordinates with internal clients to develop policy positions and comments on revision requests. - Coordinate with ERCOT staff and other ERCOT stakeholders on pending market and reliability issues.
You qualify with:
- Nine or more years of experience in engineering, business analysis, project management, regulatory analysis, regulatory compliance or other relevant experience.
- A degree(s) in engineering, math, science, business administration, project management or other relevant field may be substituted per LCRA guidelines for certain years of experience.
You are a great fit with:
- Knowledge of ERCOT electricity markets
- Familiarity with Texas utility regulatory environment
- Competitive salary & medical, dental, vision and legal insurance
- Paid time off, including time for vacation, sick and family care leave
- 401(k) match up to 8% that includes a student loan 401(k) contribution program option
- Life and disability insurance
- Wellness program including wellness incentive
- Extensive learning & development programs
And more - all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
LCRA provides equal employment opportunities and a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at LCRA are based on business need, job requirement and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal and state legal requirements governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Advertised: Central Standard Time 1/19/2024
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Do you know someone who would be a great fit for this job? Share it with them now.