Position Type: Staff Full-time
Hours per week: 37.5
Weeks per year: 52
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm (Flexible)
Department Summary & Job Purpose:
This Assistant Director (AD) works with the MA in Mathematics Teaching program and the Mathematics Leadership Programs, offered through the Professional and Graduate Education division at Mount Holyoke College. The Assistant Director provides operational support for the programs, including planning, directing, and evaluating academic programs to accomplish the long-term and short-term goals of the institution.
Core Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the director in overseeing the program courses, course scheduling, orientation(s), and faculty staffing and helps ensure the program meets all accreditation standards.
- Advise students and monitor student progress; address academic-related questions around policies and procedures, course scheduling, course preparation, etc.
- Supports College efforts in achieving enrollment goals. Responsible for program communications and special events. Assists in developing Marketing Plans and promoting the program.
- Member of the program Admissions Committee, works with prospective students through the admissions process, and awards institutional aid (e.g., scholarships and fellowships).
- Responsible for helping develop and manage the program budgets, resource planning, policies, and procedures.
- Supervise projects that staff, office support and student employees take on for the program.
- Works with stakeholders, including other campus divisions, strategic partners, outside agencies, and alum.
- Assists the director in professional engagement efforts and program development.
- Support the director with projects and tasks as needed.
• Master’s degree
• 3-5 years' relevant/progressive experience or an equivalent combination. Must include experience planning and implementing administrative activities, and experience in K-12 classrooms, and with the Developing Mathematical Ideas (DMI) curriculum.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills. Demonstrated ability to think strategically and execute tactically.
• Must be able to: organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of institutional policies and activities; work well in a changing environment and practice creative problem solving; and work effectively and interact with stakeholders at all levels. Basic business math and the ability to manage a budget.
- PhD, EDD, or other Terminal Degree.
- Experience in a higher education environment.
- Sedentary/Light work: A majority of this work is sedentary work that involves sitting most of the time unless we are working on a special project or events.
- The position requires talking, clarity of speech and hearing in person, on video and over the phone, and occasionally public speaking.
- The computer work requires visual acuity and repetitive motion related to the keyboard.
- The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
Mount Holyoke College is committed to providing a safe and secure environment, supported by qualified employees that will allow all of its students, faculty, staff and those associated with them to successfully carry out the mission of the college. As a condition of employment, the College will conduct appropriate background checks for all new hires. Mount Holyoke has designated the Office of Human Resources as the office responsible for ensuring that background checks (CORI, SORI, Credit History, & Driver Credential) are completed and utilized in the hiring process and Five College Office of Compliance and Risk Management as the office responsible for facilitating background checks as articulated in this policy.
Special Instructions for Applicants:
Apply online by application deadline. Application materials must include:
- A cover letter summarizing interests and qualifications
- A complete resume or curriculum vitae
- Contact information for 3 professional references
Mount Holyoke College is a women’s college that is gender diverse. The College is committed to providing equal access and opportunity in employment and education to all employees and students. In compliance with state and federal law, Mount Holyoke College does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, genetic information, sex, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, ancestry, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected status under federal, state or local law. The College does not discriminate on the basis of gender in the recruitment and admission of students to its graduate program.
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.