Front Desk Receptionist
Job no: 493734
Work type: Staff Full-time
Location: South Hadley, MA
Categories: Administrative/ Executive/ Office Support
Position Type: Staff Full-time
Hours per week: 30
Weeks per year: 52
Work Schedule: Weekday and Weekend evening shifts
Department Summary & Job Purpose:
● Responsible for all related daily front desk functions ensuring guests' needs are met and they have a pleasant experience staying on campus.
● This position reports directly to the Front Desk Supervisor. In addition, reports to the Director, Assistant Directors, and Catering Manager.
Core Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Opening and closing shifts, including the opening and closing of the building and respective paperwork and report distribution as each shift requires.
- Answering the telephone and emails
- Reserving and canceling guest reservations, including input of data accurately, for overnight guest rooms and generating confirmation letters. Requires confidential use of credit card numbers.
- Checking guests in and out of guest rooms
- Assisting all of the Center’s guests navigating campus and other guest questions and needs
- Responsible for cash and credit card charges as needed
- Opening Shift will be responsible for maintaining continental breakfast on-site for overnight guests
- Billing/invoicing for events and filing as needed
- Campus room reservation approval using EMS WebApp
- Project work and other administrative duties as assigned
● Must have good communication skills, both written and oral, with a sound understanding of the English language.
● Must have general knowledge of hotel operations and cash and credit card handling.
● Must be able to work independently.
● Must be able to multitask and work in a distracting environment.
● Willingness to participate in additional training as needed, including but not limited to TIPS certification and ServSafe class to obtain Food Protection Manager Certification.
● Customer Service: Maintains an extraordinarily positive attitude in dealing with students and the public.
● Must be cooperative and willing to work with others.
● Must be able to give direction and instruct others.
● Must be neat in appearance and work habits, and must comply with safety and sanitation regulations as prescribed by law.
● Must comply with proper dress code as designated by the Department.
Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
• Sufficient clarity of speech required includes those which permit the employee to discern verbal instructions and communicate effectively in person and by telephone.
• Employee speaks with students and other faculty daily by telephone, e-mail, or in person on a
Employee operates office equipment and computers to perform essential duties and
Mount Holyoke College is committed to providing a safe and secure environment, supported by qualified employees that will allow all of its students, faculty, staff and those associated with them to successfully carry out the mission of the college. As a condition of employment, the College will conduct appropriate background checks for all new hires. Mount Holyoke has designated the Office of Human Resources as the office responsible for ensuring that background checks (CORI, SORI, Credit History, & Driver Credential) are completed and utilized in the hiring process and Five College Office of Compliance and Risk Management as the office responsible for facilitating background checks as articulated in this policy.
Special Instructions for Applicants:
Apply online; application materials must include:
- A cover letter summarizing interests and qualifications
- A complete resume or curriculum vitae
- Contact information for 3 professional references
Mount Holyoke College is a women’s college that is gender diverse. The College is committed to providing equal access and opportunity in employment and education to all employees and students. In compliance with state and federal law, Mount Holyoke College does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, genetic information, sex, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, ancestry, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected status under federal, state or local law. The College does not discriminate on the basis of gender in the recruitment and admission of students to its graduate program.
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend