MACA is a publicly listed, integrated contracting services group specialising in mining, civil construction, infrastructure and mineral processing. Our operations span across Australia and South East Asia.
Our hands-on approach is what makes us different to other contractors in the industry. We strive to be the best by investing in our people, understanding our clients' needs and a relentless focus on continuous improvement.
To enable our business to continually develop our people as leaders in the industry, we require experienced and capable Supervisor to join our Infrastructure team in Victoria
Our team of some 1300 live and breathe our "CAN DO" promise to ensure we deliver first class solutions to our clients, whilst providing an engaging, safe and team-based culture for our people.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the role is focused on providing hands on leadership and direction to the crew ensuring objectives are met on time and safely, experience with VicRoads or other road maintenance contracts would be highly regarded.
What's in it for you at MACA?
- MACA is a business who cares about its people.
- Join a "CAN DO" company where teamwork and continuous improvement are valued.
- We invest in our people to be leaders. We give our people opportunities and support to reach their full potential.
- We give our people opportunities and support to stretch themselves and advance their career.
- Join a company who does the right thing by the community. Community is one of our Core Values and engaging our team to be involved is central to our success.
- We value loyalty and are loyal to our people.
- An opportunity to make a real difference and make a positive impact on our success.
- Work on a range of exciting and challenging client projects.
- Be recognised and rewarded for outstanding work.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Direct the hour by hour and day by day activities of the workforce immediately under his control
- Ensure that all work activities are conducted and completed strictly in accordance with contract/project OH&S Management Plans, statutory OH&S rules, regulations and requirements and to industry and QA standards as determined by specifications, standards and statutory requirements
- Ensure personnel within their area of responsibility and control are capable, trained and qualified to undertake the tasks they are engaged to complete. Where gaps in employee capability or experience exists when engaged to undertake a task, the Supervisor will ensure appropriate training or removal of the employee is undertaken before being engaged to complete a task or work activity
- Ensure that all technical, engineering and specified aspects of the work activity or task as described in the contract documents is fully understood prior to commencement of works
- The Supervisor will ensure prior to the commencement of any task (and reviewed daily for prolonged tasks) a risk review in the form of a JSA will be conducted by the work team under their immediate control
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role
- Drainage, road & bridge works and bulk earthworks experience within Australia
- Excellent working knowledge of machinery capabilities and maintenance
- Commitment to safe working practices
- Excellent verbal communication and leadership skills
- Must be willing to live away from home
If you believe you have what it takes and want to work for a company where "CAN DO" is at the forefront of its thinking, please apply now.
MACA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants.